Transferring my number.

MollyGee
Novice

I know I can transfer my number as part of the signing up process, however I would like to know if I can transfer it at a later date, and how would I do that? I want to be sure everything works good with visible before I break ties with my current provider.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @MollyGee - you absolutely can. When you sign up you can start out with a new Visible line as a trial and port over your existing line at a later time.

When you're ready to bring your existing number over you'll want to chat in to Visible and provide them with your phone number you are porting, your account number, pin, and billing zip code.

Once this info is submitted it normally takes 24 - 48 for the switch to take place, after which you'll need to restart your phone for the changes to take place.

Another upside is that this won't require any downtime, and if you give you're old service provider a heads up it could even bring the port over time down to a couple of hours...

Hope that helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

frugalfamily
Intermediate

Hey @MollyGee - you absolutely can. When you sign up you can start out with a new Visible line as a trial and port over your existing line at a later time.

When you're ready to bring your existing number over you'll want to chat in to Visible and provide them with your phone number you are porting, your account number, pin, and billing zip code.

Once this info is submitted it normally takes 24 - 48 for the switch to take place, after which you'll need to restart your phone for the changes to take place.

Another upside is that this won't require any downtime, and if you give you're old service provider a heads up it could even bring the port over time down to a couple of hours...

Hope that helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

Starfox
Novice III

One thing you can do is, if you want to take advantage of any specials, to sign up under another e-mail address and do the port that way. Given how the rebates are tied to ports, you can save some money and/or buy a new phone. Reps even seem to encourage doing this from what Iโ€™ve heard.

Iโ€™d time it so you are doing this near the end of your current service, say a week or so. That way if any snafus occur you arenโ€™t completely out of service. Also remember to refer someone by looking at the referral thread.

โ€” Starfox