Unable to activate my service.

aoddev
Novice II

I initially signed up with Visible and requested to keep my number and use an eSIM. This activation appeared to work based on emails received, but in the end I had no service (SOS). After working with 2 agents through chat and attempting numerous phone resets, it was decided that it be best if I was sent a physical SIM. I received the physical SIM today. I installed the physical SIM and was alerted that it could take a while for the activation. I eventually received a notification that the activation failed and to contact Visible. To complicated matters I can't login into my Visible account due to 2 factor auth being setup as soon as I login.I attempted to have the 2FA code sent to my email. Unfortunately this is another issue. On demand emails do not come through from Visible.I do receive promotional emails from Visible. Based on both the ESIM and pSIM activations failing, I feel like my account may have an issue. I'm at a point where I'm in a catch 22. I need to get to the chat agent, but I can't since I can't login. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thank you Alan O'Dannel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dean, no problem. I was able to get into chat using the guest login. I then used the 'agent' trick to bypass the lengthy chat process. Long story short, I hooked up with an agent that after about an hour and a half was finally able to get my service activated. Your hint helped me get an agent. Thank you, Alan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

You do not need to login in to chat. Go to visible.com and click the little blue chat box in the bottom right. It may ask to login but you should be able to bypass that. Type agent to bypass the chatbot and once you get a live agent he should send an email to address the account is in. If you still have problems getting on chat, you can message them on their page at Facebook, Instagram, X or even on their support page on Reddit.

aoddev
Novice II

Dean, thank you for the information. I did try the chat bot yesterday without logging it. The chat requested a first and last name, as soon as I tried to ask a question it informed me that I need to be logged in. I wasn't aware of the 'agent' option. I'll give this a try again now.

Regards, Alan

You should be able to bypass the login, it isn't required, or I should say it was never required before. It was preferred that you do, it is one less step for them to do if you are already signed in. They still need to verify who you are anyway by sending an email to your address on the account. 

Sorry about the misinformation. I see the chat box link is no longer on the home page. It is on the help tab or page. Put in your name and continue as guest. Then type agent in the box, you might need to do it more than once. 

I haven't used chat box in a while. Usually if I have a question I send them a message on Reddit or Facebook.

Dean, no problem. I was able to get into chat using the guest login. I then used the 'agent' trick to bypass the lengthy chat process. Long story short, I hooked up with an agent that after about an hour and a half was finally able to get my service activated. Your hint helped me get an agent. Thank you, Alan

You're welcome and glad you got it working. 

Yes, customer service can be slow, I assume they are working a dozen issues at one time. In a chat session I have even saw initials from a number of different agents.

They shouldn't be working on multiple issues at once.  They should focus on you and your issue and get that solved then move on to the next chat.  I think users issues would be resolved quicker and possibly on the first attempt rather then 3 or 4 hours or more of chatting.

Did you even read what I said? I said I ASSUME they do since it takes so long to get responses, especially when using Facebook. There have been multiple agents initials on chats when I have used it, not sure why.

One other thing, if you said you left Visible why are you hanging around the Visible community forums? A lot of your responses lately have not been helpful at all and more just bashing them. I don't think it matter which carrier you go to there will be one out of a hundred, like you, that will have issues. Of course most of those have to be heard and complain about it. Maybe think about moving on!

It shouldn't take an hour and a half to get an agent.  I'm glad you got your service working.

Sorry if I wasn't clear  in my message. I was able to get an agent quickly. The hour and half was working through getting my service to work. I think the original port of my number and installing an eSIM caused back end issues that needed to be cleaned up before the physical SIM. I never really got a straight answers as to what was done on the Visible side to get everything working. I'm just happy to have service again.