Upgrade Problems - I want to scream right now

elljay
Novice II

Visible has told me that they've retired my plan and I need to upgrade to the new network and pay the same price.  I am trying to do the upgrade via their website.  It kept trying to push me into a more expensive plan with features that I don't need.  I finally got it to acknowledge the plan I wanted and I pressed the button to upgrade it appeared to start (all of the alternate "faces" were flashing like they do when you're waiting for a response to a request).  It went on like that for several minutes, did not complete and I could not stop it until I force-closed the website page.  They provided no information as to where the upgrade was in the process or how long to expect it to take.  Their chatbot was completely useless.  Any ideas for me as to how long it should take or if there's something else I should do?

2 REPLIES 2

Twittel
Novice III

You didn't say, but I assume you're trying to upgrade your eSim.  Have you downloaded Visible's most recent upgraded app?  I am under the impression this is suppose to smooth out the activation/upgrade process for ios/Android eSim issues.  I'm confident that Visible will resolve this for you.

elljay
Novice II

Hi Twittel-  Thanks. I upgraded my app to the latest version and tried from there.  I still encountered some of the same problems.  They make it very confusing such as telling me at first that my current phone is not compatible and to try another model so I choose the iPhone 13 Pro model which is what I already have on the Visible network now and they tell me it's fine.  Next I need to tell them what network I'm currently on.  I've been on Visible for well over a year but Visible is not an option on the pulldown menu. So I chose Verizon and Other/No network.  One of them took me to the choose a plan and I chose the plan and it went into my cart.  Then I had to go through the questions about my phone being unlocked, mailing address, billing address, payment card, etc.  - all information that they already have and when I completed the checkout and a page came up telling me I'm getting a new SIM card and to install it when I get it.  So I'm guessing that to complete the upgrade requires a new physical SIM card as I wasn't offered an eSIM option.