VISIBLE not willing to unlock my Iphone

nujrevfvi
Novice

this is absurd..

i have been a visible client since june 2020. 4 months ago my husband wanted to buy me a gift, an iphone 13 pro. so he ordered for me the iphone with the GC promo. 
he saw VISIBLE's terms of unlocking that state that 60 days after activation the phone will unlock automatically, and said no problem. we got the phone and he gave it to me. now since visible iphones dont come with the sim inserted in the phone,  i naturally put MY (visible) sim inside and stated using the phone. 
go forward 3 month, i travel abroad and try to use a local sim, and boom, it locked. i chat, again and again and email. and eventually they tell me a need to activate the iPhone with the SAME sim that it was purchased with, and not just any visible sim. now i tried telling them that is not what the published unlocking policy says, but they wont budge. i even tried a BBB complaint, but they wont unlock the phone.. 

so buyer's beware! IT IS NOT PUBLISHED ANYWERE BUT YOU MUST USE THE SAME SIM. OR IT WILL WONT GET UNLOCKED.

am i wrong in my demand to get my phone unlocked? what do you think?

4 REPLIES 4

phoneman2021
Superuser Founder
Superuser Founder

nujrevfvi The first thing I would've done is look and see if the new iPhone came with a sim card.  If It did I would've chatted in and asked them to transfer my number  to the new sim.  It makes sense that the unlocking is tied to imei and sim.  I guarantee that is what happened.  Sorry to say this is on you.   That being said it is on the account for 2 months.  Request a call back nicely from a supervisor.  Explain the issue calmly to the supervisor state clearly what you want.  My arguement would be " your unlocking policy says after the phone is on the account for 60 days it is unlocked"  This was the case.  You can clearly see that.  Can you please unlock my phone.    Let us know how it goes.

Hjack2111
Novice II

I’m having this same problem this is crazy I wasted so much money on the phone 

TheCellTower
Intermediate

It's crazy because regular when you wanna transfer to a new phone they tell just pop in the SIM in the new phone now they are making problems for the unlocking

TheCellTower
Intermediate

You can easily resolve this issue by transferring your service to eSIM and then it will be activated on the IMEI, after 60 days ut should get unlocked