Visible eSim to eSim Transfer Issues: iPhone 14 Pro

CurlyFoot
Novice II

After receiving a new iPhone 14 Pro the day it launched I have been unable to transfer an active Visible eSim from an iPhone SE. 

As I’m attempting to “Set Up Cellular”, I’m met with two errors I can’t get around.

One: “This phone number can’t be transferred because this feature is not supported by your carrier.”

And when I try to “Transfer From Nearby iPhone”, the new iPhone 14 Pro says, “No Phone Numbers Found There are no phone numbers available to transfer from another iPhone.”

The only other option is to get a QR Code, which doesn’t exist, or to plug in information manually which would require Visible Customer Service, which, also, doesn’t exist. 
Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CurlyFoot
Novice II

I was FINALLY able to get through to a Visible CS Rep through the Visible website and got the eSim transferred over to the new phone. I’d recommend trying to go through an internet browser over the app, as the app is a big pile of garbage right now, and crashes constantly. Forget trying to contact them through Facebook or Twitter; crickets. Took about 28 hours to be able to talk to anyone from Visible when it was all said and done…

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

visiblejoke
Novice II

Everyone is having similar issues. I kept timing out of the chat yesterday. Today after spending an hour and a half waiting, I finally reached a live person. The chat ended randomly a few messages in and not surprisingly before I received any help.

Tral225
Novice III

I have had the same issue. Chat feature does not work and it seems it’s still not fixed.  Waiting 9+ hours yesterday with still no help. 

I have tried to contact via chat, twitter, direct messages…nothing but crickets. 

The worst customer Service I have ever experienced from any kind of corporation or establishment the size of visible which is actually Verizon. 

galangster
Novice

Yup, same issue with me. We need some help ASAP. It's unacceptable to be so unprepared for a new phone release. The lack of foresight here is bad.

CurlyFoot
Novice II

I was FINALLY able to get through to a Visible CS Rep through the Visible website and got the eSim transferred over to the new phone. I’d recommend trying to go through an internet browser over the app, as the app is a big pile of garbage right now, and crashes constantly. Forget trying to contact them through Facebook or Twitter; crickets. Took about 28 hours to be able to talk to anyone from Visible when it was all said and done…

My reply totally sent twice, whoops.  Don't see an option to delete, so I'm editing this. 🙄

May I ask HOW you got an actual person? I had same problem with my Iphone -was trapped on chat for HOURS begging for a person on the phone. Tech kept saying that was impossible unless she opened up a ticket and they emailed me. BUT I had to have a SECOND phone to speak to them with...I joined Mint and just got my new iPhone14 max pro. I really want visible bc it's SO much cheaper (and I don't have to prepay).

I wonder if I should make an appt w/the genius bar to assist?

fg4girll
Novice

I'm running into a similar but different issue with transferring my sim to a new iPhone 14 Pro Max. Visible is a huge mess since the iPhone 14 launch, I think we can all agree there. The app kept crashing when trying to chat causing me to lose my place in line. Got disconnected once I got a tech after that also..   Over the last 2 days, it takes well over an hour to two hours just to get an agent, and if then you're extremelyyyyy lucky, you won't get disconnected.  I definitely have had more luck reaching them on a PC rather than an app. However, if you aren't constantly scrolling in that window / staying active, you will also get disconnected after some time. 😡

My issue with eSIM is that I had a phone that "wasn't compatible with their network" which is a load of crap, since the phone was purchased from Verizon..  The app has always given me a message that my phone was still waiting to be ported over. (I switched to Visible in February of 2021. 🙄)  So now I can't transfer my SIM to an eSIM due to that. The tech I had yesterday had to put in an elevated ticket. I got an e-mail this morning at 6am that they were working on it and they would reach out in a maximum of 24 hours. Here it is 10:30pm... Crickets.   Definitely the worst customer service I've experienced yet.   I'm going on almost an hour of waiting to get an agent, and I still don't even have a number for how many other people are in line before me.  Visible should have been much better prepared for the iPhone launch, as well as any launches in the future. Seriously considering switching carriers at this point if it isn't resolved by tomorrow. 😠

remarkabl4
Novice

I’m having the same issue. I have tried to stay signed into the Visible site (“desktop” version) and I always get logged out or the chat applet crashes. 

I find it ridiculous and annoying that I was able to port my number over to Visible from ATT (the Deathstar) in 7 minutes flat. But, I can’t transfer my line to a new phone with the same service. It’s been 2 days now! 

If I get nowhere on day 3, I’m going to have to crawl over to Verizon proper.

SO disappointed. 

you can try to contact their CS by using chat! I got same problem yesterday and once connected to CS, it solved within 3 min. It may cost 1-2 hours to get connected to their customer service. Stay on chat waiting list and let your device keep activated, otherwise , you will be kicked out from the waiting list.

You also have to use a internet browser not the app, you also have to make sure you stay connected by turning on the screen every few minutes 

slayqueen333
Novice

I was having the same problem last night through today. 

Once I spoke with an agent, they advised me to remove the visible app, turn my phone off and then back on, re-install the app and it will fix the problem. It did fix the problem! Though I had to wait around an hour, I am glad it got resolved and my agent was very helpful. 

I tried that - got the "eSIM is not supported on this device" (iPhone 14 Pro purchased from Visible).  The CS rep had me do the same: delete the app, reset network, turn off phone, back on, load the Visible app... same response.  He is "elevating my issue" to someone higher up, and told me I should have it taken care of "in a couple hours" and that they would contact me by email when it was done.  Still waiting.  Everything else with the switch to the new phone went fast and easy... which isn't much of a consolation when the phone part of your phone can't connect.

UPDATE: after 5 hours on the "chat" the resolution was: do a factory reset on my new iPhone 14 Pro (that I had just loaded all my data on), delete and reload the Visible app, delete any eSIM on the phone, get a QR code from Visible to load a new eSIM, load it... nothing worked.  Repeat all that, load the new eSIM, reload the Visible app (again), turn off the phone, and then slowly things started happening... no phone service at first, but text worked.  Then, no phone service and texting and internet data worked.  When I finally got what looked like phone service, any calls failed before connecting.  Restarted the phone again (for the 12th time), and after about 5 minutes I was able to make a phone call.

I never received the email with the supposed fix until I got back on the chat again and went through all these gyrations.  I am glad the phone is now working, but in 25+ years of having a cell phone, this is the most frustrating situation I've had to deal with.  And the "chat" way of dealing with customers is not remotely "awesome" (Visible's goal to give you "awesome" customer service).  After having Verizon for 25 years, and never needing to call their Customer Service, I figured this switch to Visible would be more of the same.  Had I known it was going to be this much of a pain, I would have considered other carrier options.  Maybe I have things dealt with and I can now go back to not having to use their less-than-"awesome" chat.

slayqueen333
Novice

All I ended up having to do is delete the Visible app, restart your phone, and re-install the app. This time it processed correctly and I was able to switch over the eSIM to my iPhone 14. 

cfvisible
Novice

I have transferred to the new iphone 14 as per above, redownloading the app - but have no data service on the phone. Text and voice but no data.

Curious if this was ever resolved for you. I'm having same issues.