Visible text messaging is down!

groundhog
Novice III

I know 3 people on Visible, and none of them can receive text messages.  Everyone can send text messages. Visible technical support has not been helpful. Let me know if you have the same experience.

245 REPLIES 245

Sorry saw it when I went on Visable site to try to chat

nrvmburgh
Novice II

YEP!! Maddening - I've spent hours and hours googling to find a solution, have removed and reinserted SIM, uninstalled and reinstalled google messages app, soft restart, hard restart, the list goes on and on. I can send texts, but can only receive from my daughter, who is also on a pixel. I can't receive texts from ANYONE else (majority of whom are iphone users), and I also can no longer receive texts for two factor authentication websites. Complete nightmare.

The texts from your daughter are most likely chat not SMS.  Same here.

GregGabe
Novice

As of this morning, 3/1/03, I am not receiving texts on Visble

CraigB
Novice III

We got the same thing going on. Were on visible for about 6 months. Impossible to reach customer service because I cant receive texts for 2 factor authentication. Customer service has been a joke. I have a pixel 4a 5g phone, We are ready to jump ship its just a waste of time trying to reach someone. Texting and phone service is good when it works. When it doesnt its a reall pain to try to get it fixed. I have reached out through  facebook messenge not even as much as a word from them . Beyond frustrating. 

Kh-OrnEsh
VisibleMod
VisibleMod

Hello all!

Please note that Visible is aware of this issue.  Please refer to the following thread from the Community Manager.  

Outage Update March 1, 2023

brcr
Novice III

Same here in Georgia. Last message received was yesterday. Now I can't sign into anything with mobile two-factor authentication due to this outage.

ZipperDrive
Novice III

I'm currently fully reliant on WiFi Calling as I'm overseas and when I performed a restart today, I can no longer receive incoming SMS or MMS messages.

Outgoing SMS/MMS & Calling works fine.

Abuelmousa
Novice

Visible care on Twitter reported the outage. 
Still unable to receive text messages in Wichita, Kansas

user
Novice

Lost ability to receive (but not send) texts around 10:14pm CT on 2/27. I'm in DFW, Texas. 

Beauusaf
Novice

yes.  Same problem with 2 android Visible Midnight.  Can send but not receive texts.

Beauusaf
Novice

Yes.  Same thing.  Can send texts on Visible Midnight but cannot receive them since this morning.

archie96
Novice

not receiving messages either here in New Mexico, samsung galaxy 

archie96
Novice

Cant get Texts either! here in New Mexico using samsung galaxy

Afoster
Novice

Did they get anyone's text issues fixed? I can't get ahold of anyone on chat and I haven't been able to receive text all day 

pbaldwin
Novice

3/1

Southeast near Atlanta - Android no texts. Wife's iphone works to other iphones only.

ron_keating
Novice II

Why is this not on the news - not acceptable to be down this long.  Leaving Visible for sure now....

Ktroglia
Novice

WA state and NC, can't receive texts in either state ๐Ÿ˜’ 

Frizzahella
Novice II

Yep, didnโ€™t know what to think til I finally googled and this came up. 

gag198
Novice

Doesnโ€™t seem to be any fix on this. Worst thing is visible is sending texts to login to your account, but the texts arenโ€™t coming through. So how are you supposed to even attempt a chat, if you cannot login to the app without a code sent via text? 

Just start a chat and they will verify your identity via a email. I got lucky yesterday and worked with a support tech that resolved the SMS issue for my wife and I.

I logged on via a spare laptop I have and went to their site and under help was able to get into Chat. After waiting over an hour in inline I finally was able to chat with someone.  After about 1 hour of chat exchanges they finally did something on their end with resetting the SIM on their side and 5 minutes latter I am able to send and receive!  What a pain in the behind....

seniormoment
Novice

Me too in Colorado

Mopinion
Novice

As of 03/01/2023 at 1:00 p.m. local time, still no SMS Text service in Colorado

zaksommers
Novice II

Down in Spokane, WA

zaksommers
Novice II

Down in Spokane, WA since yesterday. Can't even get 2FA messages.

jeffreylance
Novice II

No SMS messages being received in E Texas

ralpho711
Novice

Same here in NJ. Can send to non-visible users but cannot receive SMS or MMS from anyone. Started evening of the Feb 28. I hope Visible / Verizon fixes this soon!! 

Twittel
Novice III

I can't send/receive texts

Same here and I canโ€™t reach customer service because itโ€™s sending me a text message to verify who I am to log into my account. This is ridiculous!!! theyโ€™re losing customers by the second! 

Sparky59
Novice

Same issue here (Simi Valley, CA). Started this morning. Tried power reset several times and airplane mode on/off several times. No change. haven't tried tech support yet.

croesset
Novice

Same issue, have tried everything on phone, no luck, doesnt work on wifi either.

croesset
Novice

Same problem here, no amount of work on device solves it.  Also can't receive via wifi.

FirbysMom
Novice

going on 2 days, but the worst part is not being able to receive text confirmations while logging into apps. Very frustrating to say the least ;(

Chunwuxian
Novice III

Can NOT receive text messages, do not know how long happened, realized from 9:30 this morning.  In Dover, Delaware area

svander116
Novice

Upstate NY Google Pixel, same issue, since yesterdayโ€ฆ

Everyone needs to post on all media. No updates is unacceptable for any real business in 2023

pjkowalski81
Novice

My phone & my husband can't text yet.

Going on since 2:30pm central time.

Ericajk9
Novice II

I still can't receive texts and customer service is impossible!!!!!

EricWang507
Novice

Same here๏ผŒNew York๏ผŒfrom about 1 hour ago