Wanting to switch but have SIM and will need eSIM, plus keep phone number...

tymarie33
Novice II

Hello! Actively thinking about switching to Visible but have questions before I do. I currently have Straight Talk with an iPhone that has a SIM. I am wanting to get the new iPhone but that is strictly eSIM it looks like. Is it possible to convert SIM to eSIM with Visible? Plus also keep my current phone number. I don't want or need a new phone number. Any info is greatly helpful. Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, phsyical sims can be converted to Esims.  On the home screen of the app, there is a section to transfer your physical sim to esim.  You should be able to maintain your current phone number while doing so.

When you port your number or switch to Visible service, if you current phone supports esim, you may be able to do both when you sign up for service.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

For number transfer it does not make a difference, you could activate eSIM right now and when you get your new phone you are going to contact costomer care to transfer your eSIM to a new phone 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, phsyical sims can be converted to Esims.  On the home screen of the app, there is a section to transfer your physical sim to esim.  You should be able to maintain your current phone number while doing so.

When you port your number or switch to Visible service, if you current phone supports esim, you may be able to do both when you sign up for service.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Thank you for your reply! Do you know would it be better if I switch before I get my new phone (that would be eSIM)? Since my current phone now can do both SIM and eSim. Basically switch, get SIM converted to eSIM, then when get new phone that's only eSIM it would be easier to activate and still keep phone number?

For number transfer it does not make a difference, you could activate eSIM right now and when you get your new phone you are going to contact costomer care to transfer your eSIM to a new phone 

How does new member signups for eSIM phones work (iPhone 14)? When placing an order for iphone 14, it did not ask me for my current number to transfer, but generated a new number.

Should we do port-in when the new phone arrives. If I do that, will I still be eligible for the airpods and gift card promotions?

what if you are already a grandfathered plan visible member, how does that work, and what would be the steps?

You can do it in the app just follow the steps

This has not worked for me. The app home screen gives no option to change like the website , emails, etc have claimed.

I have tried everything. Good luck with Customer Care.  I should switch back to Straight Talk...

When you switch to visible you don't convert anything you either download a new eSIM while switching to visible or ask for a new visible SIM your SIM card from straight talk cannot be used with visible. 

Please note if you do the 30 dollar plan your speed is gonna be much slower than strength talk

That is good to know! Usually on Wi-Fi, but am considering getting Apple watch too so the slower speed would probably be noticed there. Thank you very much for the helpful information!

You shouldn't feel anything on the whatch because it uses very little data the speed on the whatch should be fine