Why is my phone not compatible?

Johnetx
Novice II

I've been with Visible for about two and a half years now, and service has worked great.  But now I keep getting messages stating I have to upgrade to the new network, and my phone's not compatible.  It's the same Moto G Power I brought over to Visible in the first place.  The phone is unlocked, I used it previously with a T-Mobile mvno , and today I used Verizon's imei checker and guess what?  It's totally compatible there!  Now I understand that Visible is moving over to Verizon's main backbone, network, or whatever you call it, which according to Verizon, my phone is fine with.  Yet Visible claims that this same phone isn't compatible here?  That just doesn't add up.  My dad and sister are in the same situation, and we won't be forced to buy new phones from Visible just to remain customers, there are competitors we can move to.  Does Visible really not want our business?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, same issue with the same model, a 2021, that I bought from here for the old plan in 2021. Bought a 2022 model from eBay that was sold by them, used that number to get a card, put it in the 2021 model and activated it without issue. 

The only way it an android phone is going to pass the IMEI checker is if you bought the phone from Visible from early 2022 to present. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, same issue with the same model, a 2021, that I bought from here for the old plan in 2021. Bought a 2022 model from eBay that was sold by them, used that number to get a card, put it in the 2021 model and activated it without issue. 

The only way it an android phone is going to pass the IMEI checker is if you bought the phone from Visible from early 2022 to present. 

hunternsf
Novice

I have the exact same situation except I am using a Motorola One 5G UW Ace (please note it is the Ultra Wide band version of this model). It won't upgrade according to Visible, but Verizon Wireless confirmed that it will work perfectly fine with their 5G network. When I asked Visible for a list of phone specs that a compatible phone would require to work on the new network, they refused to provide the information. It is reprehensible how Visible is trying to con customers into buying new phones even though they will work on the Verizon 5G network. 

NBanQueerRen
Novice

I have this problem with my Moto G Stylus 5G. (Which incidentally they sell and say is compatible)  I honestly love Visible. Where I am at, it is the best no contract network. T-Mobile networks suck and a sink hole for reception.

I spoke with a visible rep though and they confirmed that it is compatible. I highly recommend doing the same thing. Especially since you've been around a long time 

Techie
Novice

I also have the same issue. I bought a new Google Pixel 7 Pro in April 2023. The Visible checker says not compatible but on Verizon, it is. Visible sells the Pixel 7 Pro. What gives?