changed credit card info , how to force a payment?

mcollins
Novice

Service got suspended, my credit card expired.

I login to visible and update with a new credit card. Autopay is still engaged.

How can I force a payment to restore service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mcollins
Novice

I did initiate a chat with customer service. Rep said she would forward my problem to the "team". Apparently the system was down, either failed or maintenance.

I kept checking my app and the website. Then all of a sudden on one try the options I need are no longer grayed out. I made a payment and in about 20 mins my service was restored.

Incidentally I received an email from visible telling me to uncheck autopay make a payment the recheck autopay. I found that I could make the payment without doing that.

solved

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Try using the app, if you did that try the website 

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

If the service is suspended and you want to get it resolved quickly, I would reach out to Visible help directly on this one...

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

I had my credit card replaced as unknown persons were trying to use the number   I tried to change my credit card number in my account and thought I had done so   but apparently not  I have the new number

VisibleRocks
Superuser
Superuser

I had an issue and did a chat with customer service.  They processed it for me on the spot.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

mcollins
Novice

I did initiate a chat with customer service. Rep said she would forward my problem to the "team". Apparently the system was down, either failed or maintenance.

I kept checking my app and the website. Then all of a sudden on one try the options I need are no longer grayed out. I made a payment and in about 20 mins my service was restored.

Incidentally I received an email from visible telling me to uncheck autopay make a payment the recheck autopay. I found that I could make the payment without doing that.

solved

Oh - that's right.  The rep told me to do that if it ever happened again.  Thanks for updating us.

but where do you go to force a payment?

Nanway
Novice II

I just posted about this issue. I wish I read it this post first. My payment card on file expired and I forgot to update it. I got my account suspended on the actual due date of the payment. The payment was made as soon as I was aware of the problem ON THE DUE DATE. Iโ€™ve been out of service for three days now and running. Every agent, six of them now, state that my issue has been escalated. Even working on it RIGHT NOW. I donโ€™t know why they do this to their customers. Itโ€™s awful business practices. 

Nanway
Novice II

And whatโ€™s even worse about it, my phone line being essential for work since I work remotely now for a government agency, I canโ€™t even take my number to port it to another carrier. Canโ€™t port a number thatโ€™s not active. Itโ€™s like my own phone number is being held hostage. Itโ€™s absolute b.s..

I think visible let's you port out your number as long you still have the number on the account (like a few other prepaid companies) even though the line expired,

Nope. Another company canโ€™t port a number thatโ€™s inactive. Trust me. Iโ€™ve checked. 

Where did you check? your number is not inactive, the number is still active, there is just restrictions, I ported out my number when it was suspended more than once from a different prepaid company 

Hey there. Thank goodness for you, my friend. Being in chat loses a lot in translation. When agents were saying the line is inactive, that is different from the account being inactive. 
i was able to port out of this nightmare. 
I thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding. You are a life saver. Literally. 

I'm glad I was able to help you!

If they let you generate a pin a geuss you could Port it out 

Thatโ€™s very interesting to me. I will definitely check it out again. 
Thank you for your replies. 

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry if this was always mentioned, but you can have more than 1 credit card associated with your Visible account.

Iโ€™m married to my phone number and never want it out of my control because of an expired or replaced credit card.

Thatโ€™s a great tip. Thanks for chiming in. 

Markerman42
Novice

i have a new credit card number and need to update my autopay

Login to your Visible account at https://www.visible.com/account/overview where you'll find it under Manage Payments.