eSim doesn't show up, and app won't re-attempt adding it

kh206
Novice II

Hello, I recently joined Visible and it ported my number, and the Visible app attempted to add an esim but I don't think it ever succeeded.  However, the apps thinks the e-sim was already added and that all my phone needed was a restart.  I've restarted several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reseted my network connections, and I can't think of/find any other troubleshooting tips.  I was wondering if grabbing a physical SIM card would work but couldn't find any info on that.

I've been trying to get a hold of customer care for several hours, and via different avenues to no avail... though, that doesn't seem too uncommon around here!  Has anyone seen this issue/found a workaround?  Or if the solution was through customer care, what should I specifically tell them to get directly to the solution?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kh206
Novice II

Just an update to anyone following along lol, after hours and hours of clicking random things on their website (on a pc) to not kicked off the live chat, I finally got a queue number!  And then after an hour being stuck at 41 the chat seemed to glitch out and revert back to the screen before connecting to a real person, effectively kicking me out.

Y'all I think the real solution is to find some other company and port to their service instead.  If I find the energy to do that and to get a refund from visible I'll update the thread again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kh206
Novice II

Just an update to anyone following along lol, after hours and hours of clicking random things on their website (on a pc) to not kicked off the live chat, I finally got a queue number!  And then after an hour being stuck at 41 the chat seemed to glitch out and revert back to the screen before connecting to a real person, effectively kicking me out.

Y'all I think the real solution is to find some other company and port to their service instead.  If I find the energy to do that and to get a refund from visible I'll update the thread again

I don't know if it will help or you already gave up, but this same thing happened to me. I did actually see an option to "convert to esim" even though I never had a normal SIM card. Using that flow it "sent me an sms" but also sent the verification code to my email. I was then able to use that to complete the "convert" flow inside the app, but I did still have to retry esim activation multiple times on that screen. I plugged in my phone and set it to never lock, and just kept it on that screen. I had to retry at least once, but it did eventually bring me to the iPhone built in esim page, and then things went smoothly.

Did you have to do anything to get it to work? I have tried retry activation so many times now but it just keeps saying "thanks for your patience, this is taking longer than usual" yeah no *****... it's been hours. I've restarted my phone, tried deleting Visible app and reinstalling it and it's still the same

You can simply dispute the charge and port out the number