hoping the pixel 7 pro will work on visible

vandamage
Novice III

just pre-ordered a pixel 7 pro and Im trying to see if I will be able to activate it on Visible. I have never used e-sim but it appears its now supported here. I cant pre-order a physical sim on visible since I dont have the IMEI number yet. Just trying to get my ducks in a row so when I get the phone I wont have to wait to use it. I am not concerned with 5g service as its not available in the area I will use the phone most.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a sim and you have not changed plans (from the old $25 a month with party pay to the new $30 or $45 a month for example) then you should be okay as long as the sim form factor is the same size between the pixel 3 and pixel 7. I was using eSIM on my pixel 4a and the physical sim I had was from the old plan.

I agree that it is disappointing about the lack of communication from Visible in their community. I posted on their mega thread about the Pixel 7 and never got a response from the admin that wrote the post, meanwhile multiple people have chatted back on this thread.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

chuck75000
Novice II

I'm curious as to this too. Just preorder the 7. My 4a 5g works fine on visible, so I would think the 7 would, although I can't find any information about it on here. 

chuck75000
Novice II

According to one of the customer support reps, the pixel 7 should work right away with eSIM. 

vandamage
Novice III

a few folks on reddit mentioned that the latest few pixels all worked at launch and also that it has e-sim should make it a given - my phone arrives on the 17th and Ill update then

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to setup my Pixel 7 and am very disappointed to see that there is no eSIM support from Visible. Honestly, I am not shocked, I have had nothing but terrible experiences with their support team and also transitioning from physical SIMs to eSIMs on both Pixel and iPhone devices. I am currently an hour and 30 mins into waiting for a chat rep to see if this is a mistake or if I am left with ordering and waiting for a physical SIM. Overall I am heavily considering leaving Visible. There are other options in my area with similar costs now.

I just had the same thing happen to me with a new Pixel 7. Pixel 7 does not seem to work with eSim on Visible yet. They are overnighting me a new physical SIM.

I just had the same thing happen to me with a new Pixel 7. App keeps saying IMEI not available when trying to activate. Chat couldn't activate eSim either so currently unsupported. They are overnighting a new physical SIM except, I have a trip tomorrow morning and wasn't expecting this sort of problem. I had to get temporary service with a physical sim from another carrier until I return from my trip and can try the physical SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, I was escalated to the "Super Duper" team just to wait a couple of hours to get this via email:
"This is the Visible Care Team. We're reaching out regarding the issue youโ€™re experiencing with your device. Thank you so much for letting us know about the issue; after reviewing your case and your account, it looks like the device is not capable of the eSIM right now. 

Unfortunately, the Pixel 7 isn't compatible with the Visible eSIM network at this time. Visible requires special software updates that are not available for all phones. As well as some carriers and manufacturers offer their devices to run on certain carriers or signal frequencies. This is why sometimes a device is not compatible with a certain carrier, but it is with another."

I never got the callback I requested either so now I get to wait in the chat line for another 1-2 hours to order a physical SIM since you can't just order a SIM kit on the site... A very disappointing day it has been despite getting a new phone :(.

I just chatted with a rep that said I can use my current sim from my pixel 3xl in the new pixel 7 pro - hope this is the case after waiting an hour to chat with somebody 

Yea. I'm waiting on a sim kit now. So for the next few days I don't have a phone number. 

Pixel 7 is still fun to play on without service though. Just gonna have to wifi chat people. 

Guess this is what we get for using a discount phone company. 

I'm using esim on the pixel 6 I just received Friday, so yes it does work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are talking about the Pixel 7 and 7 pro, not the Pixel 6.

Yes I know, but it still should work if it has esim, It worked on the 4a 5g and the 6, it should also work on the new pixel 7 devices 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree that it "should work" but sadly that isn't the case. Visible and other mobile carriers are in charge of making their "system" ready for new devices when they launch. Sadly they dropped the ball so currently the 7 and 7 pro can't use eSIM on Visible's network. The phones support the technology, other carriers support eSIM for them but Visible didn't perform due diligence and make sure they were ready for eSIM at launch. I'd expect within 1-2 months it will be compatible. Sort of what you get for using a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) which offer better pricing.

vandamage
Novice III

I havent gotten mine and it wont be here until monday as I live in BFE - I was really hoping I could order a sim kit prior to getting my phone if e-sim wasnt going to work - being as Im in BFE verizon towers are the way to go for me so I dont have many options really

the saddest part is that visible doesn't seem to care to partake with the discussion in the community...

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a sim and you have not changed plans (from the old $25 a month with party pay to the new $30 or $45 a month for example) then you should be okay as long as the sim form factor is the same size between the pixel 3 and pixel 7. I was using eSIM on my pixel 4a and the physical sim I had was from the old plan.

I agree that it is disappointing about the lack of communication from Visible in their community. I posted on their mega thread about the Pixel 7 and never got a response from the admin that wrote the post, meanwhile multiple people have chatted back on this thread.

bosla1986
Novice

This is ridiculous. Visible is even selling Pixel 7 and 7pro on their website and they have no support for esim ... That said Verizon - their parent network DOES support both new Pixels and on Verizon IMEI checker - imei is OK. I still have a few days to be with my old phone - but I do hope they fix this VERY soon otherwise I'm off to another company.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree, just so you are aware, support overnight shipped me a sim so I was back up the next day. They will deactivate your eSIM once the physical SIM ships however. If you want to take that route, chat support is the only option to get a physical SIM once you have service.

bosla1986
Novice

IT's ridiculous that Visible is selling Pixel 7 and PRO versions on their site but not supporting esim from day 1. 

Verizon - the parent network supports it - their imei checker works fine with new pixel IMEI 

If they do not fix this in the next 2-3 days I'll just have to switch to another company as I wont be able to use my old phone after that time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree, just so you are aware, support overnight shipped me a sim so I was back up the next day. They will deactivate your eSIM once the physical SIM ships however. If you want to take that route, chat support is the only option to get a physical SIM once you have service.

4tino
Novice

I just received my pixel 7 tried to activate with visible. I bought an unlocked version from target. I gave the IMEI to person I was chatting with and said my phone was compatible with visible but it could not be activated with e-sim card . So I will receive physical sim via mail. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, as previously mentioned the 7 and 7 pro isn't compatible with eSIM on Visible's network. I'd say it will probably take 1-2 months before they have that working. In my opinion they really dropped the ball on this one.

vandamage
Novice III

sorry for the late reply, I just finished setting it all up and worked out just fine! I used the usb transfer to setup then updated apps and security before turning off both phones. I took the sim out of the old phone and popped it in the 7 pro. After powering back up I signed into the visible app and done!

hodged
Novice

I just played this game with a Visible rep via chat. They were trying to convince me that the Pixel 7 I purchased unlocked from Google would not even work with a physical sim card. I kept pushing and finally they agreed that it would work with a physical sim card. Unfortunately I will lose service on my old phone until I get the sim card and activate my Pixel 7. Really frustrating process!

Update. Got my sim card, put it in, and within 5 seconds it had wireless connect. And they were trying to convince me I needed a different phone...

carnagey
Novice II

I got the 7 Pro today moved my sim from my 6 Pro into it, and it connected immediately.  No problems at all.  

carnagey
Novice II

Got the 7 Pro today.  Worked immediately after putting my sim in

Cool 

ksinsac
Novice

Had and eSIM in my old Pixel 6.  Got a Pixel 7, transferred the eSIM to it through the app and it won't work.  After 7+ hours on various chats, Visible finally told me they don't yet support any of the Pixel 7 line with eSIM, and are sending me a new physical SIM.

Unfortunately, I have no cell service until that arrives, it's been a week so far and they haven't shipped it according to their site.

FYI, the app also says when I put in my new physical SIM, they'll also automatically transfer me to one of the new (more expensive) plans, even though I don't want and didn't ask for that.

juancubo
Novice II

It's working now. I had my pixel 7 setup using eSIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up leaving Visible. I have had a ton of issues with the "new" $30 plan on Verizon's Cloud Core network (think that is the new backend but don't hold me to that). Both my and my wife's phones had no celluar data for about 2 weeks straight and intermittent issues with calling and texting. I waited twice for 2 hours in the chat queue and never got to anyone... Switched to Xfinity (Comcast) Mobile for $30 per line unlimited plan (uses Verizon's network also). Much faster speeds and better priority than the Visible $30 plan. If you have Xfinity or Spectrum internet I would suggest looking at their mobile plans, it is a much better experience all around!