iPhone 14 help! eSIM transfer killed my old phone

debryo
Novice III

Horrible iPhone 14 Pro experience with Visible. Here's what I did and now my old iPhone 12 Pro can't connect to cellular. How can I get this fixed???

1. In the Visible iOS app, I initiated the process to "Transfer your SIM".
  2. I went through that process and got to the screen with the spinner saying "we're working on it, this should take less than 5 minute."
  3. 20+ minutes go by and I accidentally let the screen lock. Then the spinner froze and I had to force quite the app.
  4. My phone no longer had cellular connection though.
  5. Waited 30+ minutes. No changes.
  6. Force restart iPhone.
  7. I went back into the Visible iOS app and saw that I could complete the eSIM process.
  8. I kicked off a process to download and activate the new eSIM.
  9. Waited 2+ hours and no cellular activation. "Could not activate service. Please contact your carrier for assistance" or some such BS error message.
  10. Several iPhone and app restarts. Remove/Install the Visible iOS app. No luck.
  11. I removed the eSIM from the old phone as a last ditch effort.
  12. I've also tried to connect from the new phone but no luck there. "This phone number can't be transferred because this feature is not supported by your carrier." and also "No phone numbers found" when trying an 'other method'.

I sat on the chat queue for over an hour with no luck there. Messages sent on Facebook Messenger 3+ hours ago a zero response. I'm so screwed; I need cellular coverage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

debryo
Novice III

Holy smokes. I got into chat and my iPhone 14 Pro actually works now. Here's what I did:

1. Logged in to chat early NY time
  2. Waited ~1 hour
  3. I sent the chat agent all my info (full name, email, account #, phone #, new IMEI #)
  4. The agent initiated an eSIM download to the new iPhone 14 with its IMEI #
  5. I then went to the Visible iOS app and clicked "Sign In"
  6. From there the iOS activation process took over and I connected to the cellular network in under 3 minutes.

For my wife's phone they told me to do this. I assume this is the correct order of events, but haven't tried it yet.

1. Setup her device
  2. Download the Visible app on her iPhone 14
  3. Sign into her account within the app
  4. Press on the button "Transfer the SIM''
  5. That will kick off the process with the correct iPhone. (I think I screwed up by initiating this on my old iPhone, but still need to verify this on my wife's new phone.)

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39

annarenee15
Novice II

Literally, the same thing is happening to me right now. AWFUL customer service. 

I'm getting desperate. In case anyone else is too, here are links to other plans:

None of them are the bargain of Visible with Party Pay, but I'm assuming they work.

Has anyone seen reports about porting a number away from Visible? I'm wondering if they've screwed that up too.

annarenee15
Novice II

Any update on your end?

I just got a reply on Facebook Messenger asking for my full name and email. I sent that and now... nothing. I assume I'll wait another 12 hours for the next agent to ask an equally basic and unhelpful question.... At this point, I'm considering biting the bullet and just walking into the Verizon store and paying 3x for a monthly service that works. this sucks.

srogers
Novice

I have the same problem also, and I have been unable to reach customer support.

hxchan
Novice

OMG. This is happening to me too. Tried to transfer a eSim to iPhone 14 but no luck. Now, my old iPhone 12 lost the cellular service. Help!!!!

Same issue here. Literally nothing from Visible. The ‘solution’ on this thread might be valid but you can’t even get in touch with this awful customer service. 

waited 6+hours last night and now have been waiting 5+ today with no help. 

evanyau
Novice III

Both my two iphone14 pros failed to activate the esim card, contact customer service to wait more than three hours, can't solve the problem, their engineers screwed up

debryo
Novice III

Holy smokes. I got into chat and my iPhone 14 Pro actually works now. Here's what I did:

1. Logged in to chat early NY time
  2. Waited ~1 hour
  3. I sent the chat agent all my info (full name, email, account #, phone #, new IMEI #)
  4. The agent initiated an eSIM download to the new iPhone 14 with its IMEI #
  5. I then went to the Visible iOS app and clicked "Sign In"
  6. From there the iOS activation process took over and I connected to the cellular network in under 3 minutes.

For my wife's phone they told me to do this. I assume this is the correct order of events, but haven't tried it yet.

1. Setup her device
  2. Download the Visible app on her iPhone 14
  3. Sign into her account within the app
  4. Press on the button "Transfer the SIM''
  5. That will kick off the process with the correct iPhone. (I think I screwed up by initiating this on my old iPhone, but still need to verify this on my wife's new phone.)

Success! That process actually worked 1st time on my wife's phone. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes and connected to the network right away.

I mean... it if were that easy, you'd think Visible might create a knowledge article and have it up front everywhere.

Did you have to give Visible CS the IMEI of your wife’s iPhone 14 FIRST to make the experience a success?

No, I don't think I needed the new IMEI #, but don't quote me on that. Good luck!

I have since successfully migrated from an iPhone 7 us to a 14 PM.  It was surprisingly a very smooth operation.  I read a lot of threads here and other Apple centric boards.  I did my research, in other words.

Thx fir the reply!

Same issue here. Literally nothing from Visible.

The ‘solution’ on this thread might be valid but you can’t even get in touch with this incompetent customer service. 

i don't see an option anywhere to Transfer the SIM within the app. downloaded Visible on my new iPhone, signed in. Nothing.

Old IMEI news to be replaced by new IMEI on their end.

For a lot of us, the problem is connecting to customer service. If you had an eSim in your old phone, there is no option to "Transfer sim" in the app in the new phone, no matter how many times you erase and re-install the app in the new phone. The app just "reads" whatever info they have on their end, and it is telling you that your account is already using an eSim. Therefore, they need to earse it from their dBs so it shows up as an option in your new device.

maxmeyers
Novice II

Where is the "Transfer your SIM" button in the app? I don't see it anywhere.

Visible app > Account > Your devices > Transfer your SIM

Darn, I don't have that. Maybe because I'm transferring from eSIM to eSIM?

Exactly what I am finding. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link --BUT, it's not there! 

Neither do i

OaktownS
Novice

Just adding to the fact that the radio silence on this issue is surreal. At least a tweet saying something like 'our systems are overwhelmed and we estimate 8 hours to reach a CS rep" would be great. Hope their management and board sees this... big fail in terms of preparedness.  

OaktownS
Novice

Just adding to the fact that the radio silence from Visible on this issue is surreal. At least a tweet saying something like 'our systems are overwhelmed and we estimate X hours to reach a CS rep" would be great. Hope their management and board sees this... big fail in terms of preparedness, customer letdown, and loyalty. Can't tell you how many of my friends are complaining to ME because I got them into Visible in the first place. 

Tral225
Novice III

Same issue here. Literally nothing from Visible. The ‘solution’ on this thread might be valid but you can’t even get in touch with this incompetent customer service. 

Lily
Novice II

Got same problem. Already cost me 20 hours to wait for chat! even didn't sleep well last night! wake up every 20 minutes just want to see the waiting list is still there.

Who can help!

Lily
Novice II

now, finally, I am the number one on the waiting list, but 30 mins passed and still waiting for connecting!

Wow, I'm impressed you made it to #1.  I can't even get it to show me that I'm in line and have a number.  Even waiting on multiple devices....Nothingggggg

but 40 mins passed, nothing happened! I am still waiting.  So, I guess that's another system error.

Lily
Novice II

I also tried send private message on twitter. em.... still waiting too...

marciano
Intermediate

To everyone in this thread:

Did you update your iOS to 16.01 before you attempted to activate?

evanyau
Novice III

Why do I automatically log out of the waiting queue when I talk to customer service?

Kilombo
Novice

ACTIVATED MY IPHONE 14 PRO MAX IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!

I'll try to give you as much details as I can so you are not lost. 

Today I got my glorious iPhone 14 Pro Max and I traded my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I didn't switch the SIM card to the eSIM so when I got my phone I didn't have service.
Like most of you I tried the Tech support message for hours, getting disconnected after awhile.  So, I tried the app. When you open the app there are like two rectangles, one of them it's about transferring the SIM card to the eSim. I started it and at one point it will tell you that it will send a code to your phone number via message (of course I didn't get it because I didn't have service on the number) eventually I got an email and in it was the code I needed. After putting the code on the app, just follow the several messages you will get, just say yes and then it will restore your service again. No need to contact tech support unless my method doesn't work.  Just keep checking the email you have in your account for the code you will need to continue with the transfer.

I hope this can help some of you. It is frustating to be without phone.

One more thing:
I notice after I got the service, that the 5G is not as fast as I thought it will be. My plan is the regular plan, not the ultra wide or whatever they call it but still. On my iPhone 11 on LTE I was getting around 128 mbps download and now I get a little over that. I was told by a representative from Visible and I google it too, that it should be like 10 times faster...so I should be like a gigabyte or close to it not 159 Mbps so I don't know what's wrong. I live in one of the biggest metropolitan area so the connection should be solid.  Does anyone notice a problem with the speed of 5G?

I do not see any online instructions to transfer my SIM. (Visible states that there are directions on the new instructions posted today.) I also don't see two rectangles. I do not seem to be able to transfer my pSIM in my 12 to my eSIM in my 14. Any thoughts?

My friend had an interesting thing with us mobile, he switched to iphone 13 month ago and he gave the IMEI number for a us mobile agent and the agent manually activated the phone he didn't have to scan a QR code or download any app or download the eSIM, he just needed Wi-Fi connection 

evanyau
Novice III

Yesterday, with the help of customer service, I successfully activated the esim cards of two iPhone14 pro. The first customer service told me that I must provide imei2. During the conversation with the second customer service, I provided imei2, but he asked me for imei1.

How did you even get in contact with customer service?  No one answers on the chat or facebook

Visible website online customer service, you need patience and a little luck,