iPhone - Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Show Caller ID options - all spinning

neilh31
Novice

Hi, new visible user here.  Just switched to an iPhone 13 mini (from AT&T Prepaid - iPhone 7) and was curious if others are having issues enabling Call Forwarding, Call Waiting and Show Caller ID (under Settings, Phone).  All 3 options have a spinning icon.

When we had AT&T we could access these options and toggle the switch to enable/disable them.  I chatted with Visible customer service and they said "we will resend a carrier update your phone."  Well, this is still not working after rebooting. 

Anyone else have the same issue or is this working for you?  Thanks in advance for any support.

7 REPLIES 7

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I think all iPhones have this issue, at least my iPhone 11 and iPhone SE 2022 do.

Thanks for the reply.  I know our iPhones on our previous carrier (AT&T) had no issues for these features (no spinning), just a toggle to turn on/off for example on call forwarding.  Maybe it's just Visible not allowing control via the iPhone settings.  

Visible support - maybe you can help answer this and/or confirm?

MrMoonlight
Novice

Having the same issues with Visible since November 2022. Spent hours on chat with Visible on a number of occasions without success. Apple says this is a carrier issue, two family members also have visible and cannot access these options, neither has an iPhone. Very disappointed.

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Call Forwarding, call waiting, and Caller ID still work on my iPhone. Just not in the Settings menu.

BTW, here is how to activate call forwarding

Call forwarding
*72 and number to enable. A verbal verification will be played
*73 to disable. Rapid beep verification

I believe the commands to dial on your Visible (same star codes with Verizon) phone are *71*90, and *92, so to enable it to forward to your call forwarding number or your voicemail, you need to dial:
*71<10-digit-number> Then press <SEND>. After you hear the confirmation, hang up. This will still ring your phone.
*72<10-digit-number> Then press <SEND>. After you hear the confirmation, hang up. THIS IS FOR CALL FORWARDING ONLY; this won't ring your phone at all.
*90<10-digit-number> Then press <SEND>. After you hear the confirmation, hang up. This will still ring your phone.
*92<10-digit-number> Then press <SEND>. After you hear the confirmation, hang up. This will still ring your phone.
*73  to ensure you are starting from a clean slate and disable ALL of your call forwarding settings.

I believe the commands to dial on your Visible (same star codes with Verizon) phone are *71*90, and *92, so to enable it to forward to your call forwarding number or your voicemail, you need to dial:
*71<10-digit-number> Then press <SEND>. After you hear the confirmation, hang up. This will still ring your phone.
*72<10-digit-number> Then press <SEND>. After you hear the confirmation, hang up. THIS IS FOR CALL FORWARDING ONLY; this won't ring your phone at all.
*90<10-digit-number> Then press <SEND>. After you hear the confirmation, hang up. This will still ring your phone.

Thanks GreenSub, tried your suggested call forwarding procedure but still not working. Had Apple tech do a complete check-up on my iPhone again this week and everything worked OK when they ran the tests. The SIM card was also good. They said again it is a carrier issue and Suggested I change carriers. I have a Visible trouble ticket still outstanding and am waiting for them to contact me since last week. If they cannot fix this I will do as they suggest.