iPhone and iMessages registering etc when porting into Visible

Limey
Novice III

I recently ordered a visible physical SIM card and also entered the details to have my T-Mobile number ported over to you. 
After I receive and insert my new SIM card into my iPhone  is there anything I need to look out for in relation to iMessages and FaceTime registration or such ? I’d like to be able to keep my iMessages history in the same thread format. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

I did not have to do anything special.  iMessage and Facetime are tied to your Apple ID, you are just changing the network it communicates over. 

For good measure I made sure I had a good backup saved incase the worse should happen but it was smooth sailing for me.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

I did not have to do anything special.  iMessage and Facetime are tied to your Apple ID, you are just changing the network it communicates over. 

For good measure I made sure I had a good backup saved incase the worse should happen but it was smooth sailing for me.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

iMessages are not backed up unless you specify that in iCloud backup. So make sure you have your iCloud backup include the iMessages.

You may check, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

If you want to register/ deregister your mobile phone in apple ID

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

If you keep them on your phone, and do not disable or move your apple account shouldn't they remain on your phone?  Just changing the SIM card, I believe should not impact them on your phone, as long as you are not doing a full factory reset of the phone.

I did have an issue with my IMessages, but that was because I had Icloud turned on one device but not the other so they didn't stay in synch, then when I turned them both on, it caused all kinds of havoc.   But that is another story for another day.

My backups are all via iCloud. My primary concern is that I don’t want my existing iMessages to start of using new threads. As in I’d like to keep them grouped as they already are. I remember running into an issue a while ago when iMessages created a new thread for some users. Instead of carrying on with the same thread that was started years ago. 

Limey
Novice III

All went smoothly yesterday.