network upgrade not working

billybilly
Novice II

I keep getting emails to upgrade network, nothing works. Website, phone app, digital assistant, nothing works, very discouraging. logged in where needed, does not work. Also the phone is a S23 ultra factory unlocked, pop in the sim from previous phone, works fine. The only thing I haven't done is cancel my existing Visible service all together, and start it up again, which doesn't seem right.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once signed into the app it should ask you to upgrade to the new plan or there should be a button that says upgrade or something on those lines. If not try deleting the app and reinstalling it. If even the website doesn't have the upgrade button get on chat but make sure to ask or type live agent or select live agent. You can also try Facebook messenger or Twitter, both icons can be found in the bottom righthand corner of this page. I use FB myself and prefer it over chat. Twitter did not work for me, no one responded but that is another choice.

View solution in original post

billybilly
Novice II

Everything is working fine now, had to have "live help through chat" type live agent or select live agent" "thanks skibik" They overnighted me a new sim card, popped it in and activated through app and boom! good to go. Some may still need to go back and check that everything is updated, Wi-Fi is turned on, even uninstall and reinstall app before the upgrade process. Absolutely nothing "worked initially" through the app or in my online account, "live chat" had to initiate the whole process on their end ..... before it would work my end. I already have an account, nothing changed, price, service, etc, nothing changed.  Upgrade in order would be, LIVE CHAT, new sim, activate through app, just like new service. To bad Visible cant just tell us this to upgrade, hope it helps. Again thanks skibik.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once signed into the app it should ask you to upgrade to the new plan or there should be a button that says upgrade or something on those lines. If not try deleting the app and reinstalling it. If even the website doesn't have the upgrade button get on chat but make sure to ask or type live agent or select live agent. You can also try Facebook messenger or Twitter, both icons can be found in the bottom righthand corner of this page. I use FB myself and prefer it over chat. Twitter did not work for me, no one responded but that is another choice.

I absolutely do not get wifi when I put the new sim in.  Therefor I am not able to proceed.  What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how to proceed in this case, when the new card is in going into settings and make sure it didn't turn off Wi-Fi. You might even have to turn off the mobile data button.

Having the same issue with network upgrade. Existing customer, iPhone 10. The upgrade button exists but upon start it goes to a shopping devices prompt. App recently updated. Did you have to reach out to live chat to solve this or one of the other options?

Catdancer
Novice

Are you saying you get a response via FB messenger or just plain FB? I can't get FB messenger to work - it wants to take me to something called Medium.

Darksith
Novice II

What ended up solving this issue? I have the same problem trying to upgrade the network on existing visible iPhone 10. It starts the process then brings the app to a shopping option to get a new phone. I guess Iโ€™ll try the website and delete/reinstall app. But the app was just updated so that seems unlikey

billybilly
Novice II

Everything is working fine now, had to have "live help through chat" type live agent or select live agent" "thanks skibik" They overnighted me a new sim card, popped it in and activated through app and boom! good to go. Some may still need to go back and check that everything is updated, Wi-Fi is turned on, even uninstall and reinstall app before the upgrade process. Absolutely nothing "worked initially" through the app or in my online account, "live chat" had to initiate the whole process on their end ..... before it would work my end. I already have an account, nothing changed, price, service, etc, nothing changed.  Upgrade in order would be, LIVE CHAT, new sim, activate through app, just like new service. To bad Visible cant just tell us this to upgrade, hope it helps. Again thanks skibik.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome and glad I could help. Good to see you got it fixed.

There are times it doesn't work so I think what customer service does is reset or re-provision the SIM and then all is good.