starting phone service

AndyHvi
Novice

I hope to start a phone account in about 5 days. I can't right now because I need to go to the place I will be and verify that I get a good phone signal there before I can know if a Visible account can be useful to me.

I do not have internet through my current phone account.

I will have my phone to make telephone calls but I will not have internet service -- unless I can access from the computer of someone who is currently there (a rather slim possibility).

I don't see any information on the Visible web site about how to contact Visible except via the web site -- no phone numbers.

Is there a way to start service with having internet service to begin with?

5 REPLIES 5

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Good morning, does the place you are moving to have a public library, coffee shop, or other place that may offer free public wifi?  Is there a nearby town that has the above listed services? 

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

No, there are none of those, it is out in the sticks, a long way from much of anything. However, I am told it does have good cell phone reception.

Any near by your current residence?  Maybe download the visible app prior to moving and have it on your phone incase you decide to go that direction?

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

What is the Visible App for. I would hate to go to the google store for anything.

I needed no software addition for my current phone service. Why is this different?

I have slept a few times since I activated my service, but I think the app is required to set the service up, at least the online activations instructions make it seem that way.

https://www.visible.com/help/how-to-insert-sim-card