very strange activation issue

honer
Novice

ok - new to visible, coming over from verizon - i checked my samsung galaxy s7 (no jokes ) on visible's compatability checker (CC) and it said NO - so i bought a brand new factory unlocked samsung galaxy s10e (no jokes) i just need a phone - the CC said it was good on visible - got my sim in the mail - went to activate and could not do it - spent hours chatting (useless) - now the "new" s10e was never hooked to verizon - i just wanted my number to transfer over - i told live agents that, they said "no worries" - they never could get the s10e to work and i went 5 days without a phone - then i tried the sim in my old s7 and it worked fine and have been using it for a week now

so i guess i never actually needed to buy a phone - now i'm trying to get the s10e to connect by putting in my now working sim card and it still will not connect - i put a working ATT and a working Verizon sim in s10e and both worked so it's not the phone - my wife also switched from verizon to visible - her transfer went flawleesly - but if i put her sim in the s10e it will not work

so what needs to happed to make the s10e work on visible - i'm asking here because while everyone i chatted with was very nice, they are just reading from a script - does something "special" have to be done on visible to switch to another phone? - usually you just pop the sim in and you're ready to go 

11 REPLIES 11

JLNewk1976
Novice

I had the same issue a few years back. I started out using a Galaxy s6 edge+, worked fine. Things happen and phone got demolished. So, I acquired a s8, put in the sim NO-GO. Turns out after some digging on the 'net. I had to enter in 4 different APN settings bc, for some unknown reason the device could not translate the sim card automatically, whereas with the 4 apn's entered in, and saved, then the s8 could read it correctly.  I will see if I can look up those up and reply shortly if you haven't already gotten it worked out. Good luck

JLNewk1976
Novice

Had the same issue a few years back, I went from s6 edge+ to s8. S8 wouldn't read the sim card correctly. After some digging, I came across an article, where I had to enter in 4 separate APN settings in order for the s8 to work properly on the network. I will see if I can't find those settings for ya to try. And I will post them in the order you will need to enter them. 

yogi
Novice

Very strange.. I bought my sister a unlocked s10e and she uses it on Visible just fine.

yogi
Novice

Very strange.. I bought my sister a unlocked s10e and she uses it on Visible just fine.

(sry for the double post, didnt meant to)

JLNewk1976
Novice

Here ya go give these a try if ya haven't already found a fix:

Name: Visible Internet New

APN: VZWINTERNET

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

APN Type: default,supl

APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

APN Roaming: IPv4

Bearer: HSPA, GPRS, EDGE, eHRPD, UMTS, LTE, HSPAP, IWLAN, HSDPA, HSUPA

Name: Visible CBS New

APN: VZWAPP

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

APN Type: cbs,mms

Name: Visible FOTA New

APN: VZWADMIN

APN Type: fota

Name: Visible IMS New

APN: IMS

APN Type: ims,ia

Name: Visible Internet DUN New

APN: VZWINTERNET

APN Type: dun

thanks JLNewk - i'll give that a try later - i'm a bit apprehensive about doing anything since i do have service now and i don't want to mess it up - one of the agents i chatted with did have me go into  the APN settings and change them, but still didn't work - thanks for the responses

oddly on my working s7 most of those settings are greyed out and have no values set - i assume i have to put the sim in the s10e to set those?

honer
Novice

so i did all of those settings...no luck - really don't know what else to do now - if  i try to make a call it says device not registered - do i need to inform visible of a phone change? - i was on verizon for over 20 years - upated phone numerous times - just popped the sim in new phone and it was good to go - i'm afraid i'm going to have to chat with visible again - probably lose my service again

honer
Novice

and i noticed i could not change mobile virtual network off of GID or phone would not save the changes - same for the virtual network operator has to be BAE2, can't change to BAE1

does it matter which APN has the blue selection dot on it?

chatted again yesterday - they are sending me a third SIM - ???