Activating with non compatible phone

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

If you have tried to activate but the Visible compatibility checker says your BYO phone is not compatible, I have a solution. I had a Moto G Stylus 5G working on the old Visible plan and wanted to upgrade to Visible+ but the compatibility checker said not compatible. I used used the IMEI from an older Moto G Fast that was compatible and ordered the new SIM. Inserted the new SIM and opened the Visible app and hit activate. The phone activated and in my account listing the device shown is my Moto G Stylus 5G. This should work on any relatively new phone.

If you want to try it, send me a message and I will give you the IMEI I used.

21 REPLIES 21

mrcksnchz
Novice

i am having the same problem with the same phone Motorola G STYLUS 5G  (2022). Ill take that IMEI and can you detail me what steps you took ti complete this process. 

mrcksnchz at outlook

Were you able to get wifi calling to work on your Moto G Stylus 5G (2022)? I was able to just order a SIM card telling them I had an unlocked verizon iphone (not a lie, but I had no intention of ever using my old iphone).  Everything went great for me... 5G cell signal and data and I could create a hotspot. However, I am able to toggle the wifi calling on (turns blue) but it won't ever make a wifi call (even in airplane mode with wifi turned on). I am getting about 220 mbps download speed through my wifi connection. I even tried my old Google Fi sim card (still active) in my phone and everything worked (including wifi calling).  Visible Support has run me through the same steps OVER... and OVER.... and OVER.  They keep assuring me they can fix it.

Wifi calling activated on my Stylus 5G 2022. I turned off Mobile data and just made a call. Your router may be blocking wifi calls. 

Twisted
Novice

I am in the same predicament. I would be willing to try that.

chuchie
Novice

I'll take the IMEI if you are willing. I'm having an issue with with a G POWER. Thanks!

mrcksnchz
Novice

You gave me the IMEI of the Motorola phone you had which is compatible with Visible. That message you sent that info in has disappeared. Can you resend that compatible Motorola IMEI please? 

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

I have has an epiphany about my recommendation of using a different compatible IMEI # to use to activate a non compatible phone. Based on the issues I have had activating my Moto G Stylus 5G 2021, I would not do it again. While for the most part it does work, there is a feature that I need that wall not work. Namely WIFI calling which is important if you live in an area like me with sketchy over the air signal. Use a phone that will pass Visible compatibility checker or buy one directly from Visible,

Could you send me the IMEI? I got a Samsung Galaxy a53 five g which is on the approved list, but once I received it my specific IMEI doesn't pass the checker. 

Also is there any way I could keep my old number on this new SIM?

I just bought the Moto G Stylus 5G 2021 and am wondering if I can just enter a iPhones IMEI and use the sim they send me.. will it work? The wifi calling would not be an issue for me as I always have full bars in my location. Mainly was the WiFi calling your only real issue or did other stuff go wrong?

Hi. Yes same with my Galaxy S20 being not compatible to upgrade to the new network, & I refused to spend $$$ on a new compatible phone they are providing so pleaseeeee send me that IMEI. 

Thanks 

Yessss....same with my Galaxy S20 with 5G not being compatible to upgrade to the new network & I refused to spend $$$ on the new phone they provided bc my phone is not that old. So pleaseeeee send me the IMEI ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thanks 

SF
Novice

I seems to me that Visible is in cahoots with Apple. They want to sell everyone an iPhone with an inflated price tag. 
We ordered a moto g stylus 2021 and they said it wasnโ€™t compatible. We then ordered a 2022 and a 2022 with 5G which was $80 more. I first entered the imei of the non 5g phone and it said that it was compatible. 

I also have not been able to activate WiFi calling, which is VERY important to us in the country not having a strong cell signal!
My family member also purchased the 2022 Moto g stylus and was told her imei was incompatible. I donโ€™t understand why my phone is compatible and the 5g version is not.

Corg0175
Novice

Could you send me the IMEI? I stuck my old SIM into my new phone and it works perfectly, but can't get through the upgrade service because the IMEI says it isn't approved.

Also, with this method would I be able to keep my phone number?

amym3155
Novice

Can you please share the IMEI you used. I have a 2022 Moto g stylus 5G

amym3155
Novice

Please send the IMEI you used. I also have a Moto g 5G stylus

jharkey
Novice

Hi! Can I get that IMEI number for my husband to use to upgrade his Moto G5 Stylus 2022? Please and thank you!!

jharkey
Novice

Hi! Can you please send me that IMEI Number for my husband to use to upgrade the network for his Moto G5 Stylus 2022? Is it still working well for you? Thank you so much!!

DrDave
Novice

I could use that number too.  I have 2 moto g stylus' that I just purchased the first of the year.

If you wish to try activating with a non compatible phone, just down load an IMEI generator app and get an IMEI for a newer iPhone and use that ## to order a SIM

KenR
Novice

So Visible said my phone was not compatible.  I have a Motorola G7 and G5.  I ended up buying a new phone from Visible Samsung A14 because their phone check said neither phone was compatible.  The Samsung is horrible, I get 1 bar and I am 1/4 mile from Tower.  My SMS does not work in the house.  Tonight, I put the SIM in the Moto G7 and switched to LTE/CDMA mode.  It worked perfectly--in fact it gets 4 bars signal where the Verizon modified Samsung gets 1 bar.  I then tried the G5 and it worked.  I thing Visible phone compatibility checker always says phone is not compatible because they want you to buy one of their phones.  I just tried a new Samsung A23 from Boost mobile and it worked with Visible yet says it is not compatible.

Talkbackbrat
Novice

I would like the imei number you used. It's trying to make me upgrade and only give $10 for trade in. Thank you for a way to pay less and keep my phone. I am currently paying 3 times the lower cost now.