RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Provide realistic updates on the status of Wear OS support instead of the typical deflecting scripted replies.

If you are going to offer eSIM for Apple Watch, then you need to offer it for Android's Wear OS, too.  Your parent company, Verizon, does so it's not a technical limitation.

Otherwise Android users feel like second class Visible citizens.

36 Comments
phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

RyanBlakeIT your request is not reasonable.  Let me explain why.  example only.  If they said wear OS would be supported today May 2nd 2022.  Then in the beta testing they found a show stopper bug what do they do?  Well they have 2 options.  1 push it out anyway with the show stopper critical bug.  2 Delay it until as many issues as possible are ironed out.  The second way is absolutely how it should be.  This is why you don't provide firm dates.  It will be released when it is ready.  I will agree with you that it does need to be an option for those that have wear devices but expecting a date is simply not reasonable.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@phoneman2021 Could you please point me to where I mentioned specific dates/deadlines in my comment? I asked for realistic updates.  I don't expect it to happen overnight.  However, I do expect them to start the process, doing closed betas for those who are interested.  All of what you say is true and, even more importantly, user sentiment would tank if they released a product as GA (general availability) before it was fully baked.  I don't believe it's too much to ask for a company to publicly acknowledge that it's something they are working on and even allowing those who are interested to sign up for said beta.

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

I  will agree with you that there should be closed betas for those that want it.  This leads to a  secondary issue with Visible.  This is in my opinion the customer being able to get someone that can effect that real change.  Saying we hope to release it in June of this year isn't a good idea.  What they could do is provide a beta for those that are willing to test and provide feedback.  I agree android  watch support is needed.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@phoneman2021 Again, never said a date.  Saying they are working on something doesn't imply or require that they give dates.  They could simply state they have opened it up to public (or closed) beta and that more information is to follow.  At least Visible could throw us a bone.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@DS-VisibleMgr Would you be so kind as to provide an update on this request?  I see you replied within a day regarding eSIM for Android (of which I am grateful and an eSIM user).  But radio silence on such a similar topic is frustrating.  Again, us Android users are just looking for #inclusion.  I would be happy to participate in a beta.

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, sorry for the delay. There is not an update yet. But I will mention it again to our internal teams.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@DS-VisibleMgr Thanks for the update.  If you would, please come back here and post an update once you get a chance to speak with your internal teams.  Us Android users would greatly appreciate it.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@DS-VisibleMgr Any updates from your internal teams? Google is releasing the Pixel Watch soon and has preordering available. I want to know if I can purchase the LTE watch with the future capability of putting it on the Visible network or not.

User4625284
Novice

100% this. The lack of support literally stopped me from pre-ordering the Pixel Watch this week. If there's no imminent plans from visible to support Wear OS, I'll be switching to Google Fi.

harms75
Novice II

It is a real shame Visible has placed android users on the back burner.  

I have brought my entire family over to Visible and working on extended fam and friends. 

I would love to have some kind of answer if at all or maybe when?

Like a few other post I have not ordered the new Google watch because of it.  

I may have the rest of the fam hold off till I hear further and move to FI myself.