RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

Provide realistic updates on the status of Wear OS support instead of the typical deflecting scripted replies.

If you are going to offer eSIM for Apple Watch, then you need to offer it for Android's Wear OS, too.  Your parent company, Verizon, does so it's not a technical limitation.

Otherwise Android users feel like second class Visible citizens.

49 Comments
mikey1273
Novice III

@RyanBlakeIT  If that's true then the information they have in the visible App. may or may not be correct. I just looked again after reading your post and in the apps FAQ about eSim it still says eSim is only supported on iPhone XS, XS Plus, XR and later. That is the information I based my statement on. 

Ruined
Novice II

@mikey1273 esim works fine for android.  i had visible esim on my old Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, and am also currently using it on my Pixel 8 Pro 1TB that I bought directly from Google.

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@mikey1273 - Thanks for bringing this up.  Could you please mention the steps you took to get to this information?  I just checked and I'm not finding it.  Then I'll let them know that it needs to be updated on the app.

Here's more accurate information from their website: https://www.visible.com/help/switching-is-simple

mikey1273
Novice III

@RyanBlakeIT 

If I log ing to the Visible app and go to Account then Tap devices there is a Box below where my "Samsung Phone" is listed as Active is a box Labeled "Switching to eSIM is SIMple"

if you tap the link in that box "? Learn more about eSIM" it opens an FAQ page. The last Question in the FAQ, if you tap the down arrow says that the models of iPhones and newer I mentioned above are the only ones supported for eSIM.

I used your link and got to a compatibility checker, clicked android, entered my IMEI number listed in settings for the eSIM on my S23fe and it comes back as compatible. You were correct but it seems that I was finding some old or incorrect info still linked in the Visible app. 

Now is there any advantage to switching my S23fe from physical SIM to the embedded SIM?

taz420nj
Novice

@mikey1273 

I've had an eSIM in my Samsung phone for over a year now. Now I'm not sure if this is how it is *supposed* to work or if this is how it works in all phones, but my S22 Ultra can only have one active eSIM at a time. That means to switch between two eSIMs you basically have to reboot the phone - it's not seamless. However a physical SIM and a eSIM can be active at the same time, which means it can automatically switch between them as a data source if your primary one has bad reception.

I have T-Mobile on a physical SIM and Visible on a eSIM.  It works for my needs.

mikey1273
Novice III

@taz420nj 

I was thinking about moving my visible Sim to esim and trying to consolidate phones as I have an iPhone for my work number and I really don't, never have liked carring two phones during work hours. Not to mention it's an iPhone. The work phone is on FirstNet but they don't list the S23fe as compatible yet for some reason though it is with AT&t with is their network. I could try putting the FirstNet Sim in it to see if it works. Then I'm assuming I could take and make calls with both numbers as needed if it works. 

taz420nj
Novice

@mikey1273 

FirstNet requires a phone that supports Band 14. Since that is a band reserved specifically for services such as FirstNet, it is not included in carrier locked phones. FirstNet does operate on other bands as well, but they do not technically support that. If your phone was purchased unlocked (ie direct from Samsung and you paid full price) it should have B14, and thus should work. Just don't expect any help from AT&T if you have issues. B14 is the "reserved route" that is able to bypass congestion on the consumer network (they also us priority tagging on the consumer network, putting FN traffic at a higher priority in overload conditions) but it's not as good a solution as a dedicated band. Samsung only lists the S24 series (and presumably all upcoming Galaxy S models) as B14 enabled.

mikey1273
Novice III

I did purchase my S23fe unlocked from Samsung.  I got it in a Samsung site exclusive color too. 

The band 14 thing is likely why it's not on the compatibility list for FN but fine on at&t. 

I'm not a first responder or police officer. I just work for a local government organization and that is why they were able to get on first net. The need for the highest priority is not critical to  my job. 

I might try the SIM in the Samsung and see what actually happens.  It will not be a supported configuration so if I have issues I'll have to go back to using the iPhone for that line. 

mikey1273
Novice III

@taz420nj 

Intresting thing is I just looked on the FirstNet site last night and they do list the S23fe as a comparable device but if I enter my IEMI in the compatibility checker it said it they did not support it previously and still same when I checked again. 

Edit: 

I decided to put the FN Sim in the S23fe and it did connect up fine I was able to make calls and send texts.  So I put my Visible SIM back in and went through the process to convert to eSIM. Removed the physical Visible SIM and put the First Net one back in. So far its working with both networks.  We will see if FN decides to ban the phone in a few days or not. If so I can just go back to dual phones. 

I'm thinking FN didn't have a fully updated database of IEMI numbers since the model I have in a Samsung exclusive unlocked model and not one of the 4 colors sold everywhere.