Automatic Scam Protection

DS-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Visi Squad,

Great news, today we are activating the ability to block robo/scam/spam calls. This is an amazing feature that many have asked for and will reduce the amount of those annoying unknown callers. 

New members will automatically have it turned on and existing members can enable it  with a few easy steps. To find out more click below or visit our help section here.

See More

About Scam Protection

Q: What is Scam Protection? 
Scam Protection is a free service provided by Visible to all members and provides automatic detection of the calls that are most likely to be spam and blocks those calls by forwarding them to voicemail. 

Q: What does Scam Protection cost? 
Scam Protection is free for all Visible members.

Q: How do I get Scam Protection? 
Scam Protection is available for all Visible members. Simply update your Visible app to the most updated version and make sure to toggle the feature to ON. 

Q: Is my device compatible with Scam Protection? 
If you’re an active member, Scam Protection is included on your account for free. Scam Protection is available for iOS and Android devices. 

Q: How do I activate the feature? 
Visible’s Scam Protection is absolutely free and is already turned ON for you! 

Note: Existing members prior to January 27th will need to toggle the feature On in order to use Scam Protection. 

• Upon enrollment: 
    • Users begin to receive free spam detection.
    • High-risk spam callers are automatically identified, blocked, and sent to your voicemail. 
  • Members can go into their account at any point to toggle Scam Protection On/Off. (See below)

Q: How do I enable or disable Scam Protection? 
Simply follow the steps below to disable Scam Protection.

Visible App
  1. Tap Account in the menu bar.
  2. Scroll to Privacy & Security
  3. Scroll down to Scam Protection
  4. Toggle Scam Protection to ON
Visible Online Site
  1. Log into visible.com.
  2. Go to your Account
  3. Click on the Privacy & Security tab
  4. Toggle Scam Protection to ON.

Q: How do I use Scam Protection? 
There’s nothing you need to do on your end. Visible will automatically detect and forward likely spam calls to your voicemail. 

Q: Do I need to change any settings on my device?
There’s no need to change settings on your device. Simply, make sure that your Visible app is up to date.

Q: How can I report suspected spam calls?
If you’re suspecting that you’ve received a spam call, you can report it through the Transaction Network Services (TNS)  site

Q: How does Scam Protection detect spam?
Scam Protection uses databases that are constantly evolving to detect spam calls, including those that may be spoofed.

We also use the STIR/SHAKEN technology to reduce the chances of incorrectly blocking or identifying a "good" call as "Potential Spam." 

Q: Can Scam Protection block calls from international numbers? 
Scam Protection may not always identify or block spam calls that originate outside of the U.S. 

Q: What happens to calls that are blocked? 
Calls identified as spam will be automatically redirected to voicemail. 

Q: Scam Protection is not working. 
Confirm that the Scam Protection feature is set to ON through either the Visible App or the Visible Website. Note: Scam Protection may take a few minutes to toggle ON. 

Visible App
  1. Tap Account in the menu bar.
  2. Scroll to Privacy & Security
  3. Scroll down to Scam Protection
  4. Toggle Scam Protection to ON
Visible Online Site
  1. Log into visible.com.
  2. Go to your Account
  3. Click on the Privacy & Security tab
  4. Toggle Scam Protection to ON.

DS-Community Manager
6 REPLIES 6

Thank you 🎉🎉

devin37354
Intermediate III

Mine won't activate and just says contact care 😞 oh well I'll contact them later

Bastet73
Novice

I do not see Scam Protection listed under Privacy & Security on either the app or the website. Maybe it hasn't pushed out to everyone yet? Am excited to hear that this service has been added for everyone.

Same — not listed under app nor website. Thanks

LGwiz
Novice

The website you reference is not responding. When I take the link Transaction Network Services (TNS) it goes to https://reportarobocall.com/trf/ and that site reports "This site can’t be reached"  So we have no way to report these annoying scam calls. 

Please improve how you block and allow reporting of scam calls.

KJ7YM
Novice

This is a real problem for me. I have RoboKiller as my spam protection. It is a paid service but too much gets through Visible Spam Protection, and it affects my business very badly. Unfortunately for us, the instructions to go into accounts and turn off Spam Protection does not work. Since it is grayed out with a notice that says " This Feature is auto-enabled and cannot be turned off at this time". What a bummer!! I love Visible, but for the sake of my business I am now being forced to find another carrier. I did do the hour long chat thing,, but here words to me were "We suggest you uninstall RoboKiller".  Really? Really? Sadly my family needs to eat, and have a home to live in. Reluctantly it seems I will need to uninstall Visible instead. Does anyone know if Mint has any issues with RoboKiller?