My caller ID info doesn't appear on other phones

My name and phone number do not appear on the caller ID of other phones when I make outgoing calls. It shows up as "caller ID blocked", "no caller ID" or something similar, and happens when I call landlines and wireless #s from any carrier. This has become especially problematic, as some people automatically block anonymous calls, so the issue has gotten me in trouble at work and has actually impacted my income. 

My outgoing caller ID used to work fine with my previous carrier (AT&T) but has never worked on Visible. Visible has acknowledged that they made a mistake during the porting process, but the issue has gone unresolved after countless escalations. I have been in touch with Visible Support weekly since June and am at my wit's end.

I've tried resetting my (iPhone) network settings, but had no luck. My old carrier used to have *82 to force your caller ID info to appear, but that does not appear to be supported by Visible. I also requested that they close and re-establish my Visible account to see if that fixes the caller ID issue, but was told that it is not possible. Has anyone else dealt with this? It's frustrating that this problem has lingered for so long without any resolution, so I'm looking for any possible solution for this.

6 REPLIES 6

Visible support has also reset my SIM, but that didn't fix the issue. I asked if send a new SIM would fix the issue. The support agent was not sure, but said that I would lose service during the time my current SIM is deactivated and my new SIM is received. Has anyone had any success with this?

inesw
Novice

It may be better to block the display of the callerโ€™s number.

bobo4444
Novice

Did you ever find a fix for this problem?  I am interested in getting my nam and number to attach to outgoing calls.

bobo4444

bobo4444
Novice

Did you ever find a "fix" for this problem? I am now on Visible and I would like to get my name and number to attach to outgoing calls . . .

bobo4444

Contact customer service about this and hopefully you get an agent that actually knows how to put in a request with whoever runs the CNAM(caller ID) database and have them change it to whatever you want it to read. I began with Visible in July 2021 and my caller ID showed wireless caller, customer service put in a ticket and had it fixed. Bad thing is now customer service had less experience and will say it can't be done but they can do it if you find the correct agent.

One other thing I noticed is caller ID for incoming calls doesn't seem to work, on my phone I only get the phone number of the person calling unless I have them already in my contact list. But, if a call comes from a landline caller ID works provided they haven't blocked there name, number or disguised either.

Dean: Thank you for your post. How did you contact Visible's "Customer Service?"  They are the only cell PHONE company that I know whose support people are not allowed to use a PHONE in their job!