Signup Issues

dgow13
Novice II

Every time I try to signup I get an error message: That is not a valid email format. Please try again. My email is valid... 16+ yrs using it. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

beav
Superuser
Superuser

That is a frustrating problem. I don't have a good reason why this is happening. You could reach out to Visible on social media and and try and find a solution.

Or you could sign up for a free email address, like maybe Gmail that offers free forwarding, and have the emails forwarded to your current email inbox.

Here are the instructions if you decide to go with Gmail: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en

If you don't have a referral code, I would appreciate if you would use mine: Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36mt7h , it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible. When you use my friend code, 36mt7h, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!

If you are not currently a Rakuten member, you may be eligible for up to $45 in rebates if you use the Visible link on Rakuten to sign up for Visible. You can read more info here: 

https://community.visible.com/t5/Savings-Spot/5-for-your-your-first-month-of-service-plus-you-could-... 

Let me know if you have more questions.

If I helped you, I would appreciate kudos and you approving my solution.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

dgow13
Novice II

Thank you for your suggestions, and the links you provided. If they will not accept any of my emails it would be impossible to use them.

I own a web design and development company so I have multiple emails to different domains. Visible rejected every one of them with the same error message that the email was an invalid format.

I chatted 2x with support and they were not helpful. I asked to speak to a manager yesterday. They gave me a ticket # and said a manager would call within 4 hrs... no one have ever called.

If I am having this many issues just at the signup, then I think it is time to move on and forget about using or trying Visible's service.

Thanks again.

Based on your professional experience, I have a couple more suggestions:

-I understand you tried the multiple email addresses, try one of them again today. Maybe the site was having issues at the time.

-If you have a yahoo.com or aol.com email, give it a try.

-Try in an incognito window.

-Try a different browser.

Or move on like you said.   I am sorry they did not call you back. That is annoying.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

dgow13
Novice II

I tried all of them this morning, this afternoon, and this evening... still invalid email format. I used Safari, Firefox, and one other, 2 different computers, iPhone, 2 iPads. I tried incognito in all browsers. Still same error message.

I do not have a yahoo, or aol email and not interested in creating one just for using this platform. I do not use anything google. I should be able to use my email from my business (exchange email), which I have had for over 16 yrs, without jumping through hoops and finding work arounds. I guess for me, if it doesn't want to allow my email(s), then it is not for me.

S_Taylor
Novice II

I know this is an old topic, but I had this same exact problem. I thought I would put my solution in here if it's helpful to anyone else.

1. Clear cookies, history and browsing data.

2. Get 2nd email address to get a second line.