Trying to set up an esim from Belgium

Pauline
Novice

Hello all,

This Friday we're leaving to travel the south-west of the US for a month. I like to get the visible esim in order to keep my European material sim-card in my phone. 

My phone (iPhone 13) is compatible to work with esim but when I enter my imei number I get the message: the IMEI you entered is not available.

Is this because I'm still in Europe at the moment? Will it work ones I've arrived in the US? Or does it have to do with my iPhone being purchased in Belgium?

I appreciate your help! Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Visible works only in USA. It also needs physical US address when you register. So you can try to sign up on arrival.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Visible works only in USA. It also needs physical US address when you register. So you can try to sign up on arrival.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Thank you for your answer. We'll try to set it up when we've arrived.

Did it work out for you?

Can we set my phone up now with esim

yanniks
Novice

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue, with the difference that I'm already in the US. My iPhone was purchased in Germany. Is there any possibility that my IMEI gets unlocked?

Did you solve the issue?

phup
Novice

I am also from Germany and would like to use visible during my coming 5-month stay in US. Would really appreciate some sort of final statement on this.