Unlock Phone Purchased from Visible

weboptimist
Novice

I purchased a Pixel phone from Visible a could of years ago. I'm considering upgrading. If I do, can the Pixel be unlocked from Visible so that I can pass it down to a family member who isn't with Visible? It appears to be locked to Visibile.

4 REPLIES 4

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

I would reach out to Visible support on this one, especially if it appears locked.

Did you finance it through Visible, and are you still making payments on it?  If you are making payments, then it may be locked.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

weboptimist
Novice

I paid in full at the time of purchase. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Per visible unlock policy, the device is automatically unlocked after 60 days of continuous service.

https://www.visible.com/help/device-unlocking-policy

Please check with visible help representative if your specific device is unlocked.

Note that some carriers sell carrier specific models that may not be compatible with other service providers. Just be sure of that.

P.S: Please mark this as solution if it helped you

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Visible has refused to unlock my fully paid for phone that was activated for more than 60 days.  Many chats, escalations so far.  VERY frustrating. Now I am told to put a non visible SIM card in my phone. But my phone only has a esim and the phone wont let me add another one because it is locked. I would never buy a phone from visibility again.  I have a $1000 paper weight.