Voice mail on Android

DDG
Novice II

Just switched over from Verizon to Visable. Voicemail is no longer working on my Android phone.

Any clue how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DDG
Novice II

This issues has been resolved.  Apparently my eSIM never downloaded completely.   Through customer service I had to delete the current eSIM and let them.upload a new one to my phone.  Problem solved.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Per this help document, you could access voice mail by

"Bring up your Phone app, access the dial pad, and press and hold 1. Follow the prompts to input your password and youโ€™re in."

https://www.visible.com/help/How-do-I-access-voicemail

P.S: Please mark this as solution if it helped you. Thanks.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Thank you for trying, but that is not working.  I get the following error message when I press and hold 1
"There's no SIM in your phone, so you can only make emergency calls"
I also tried dialing *86 and I get the same message.
Running a Samsung Galaxy Note 205G - Android Version 12

Other thoughts?

Do you have e-SIM or physical SIM?

If you have e-SIM, you could chat with Visible representative through chat to send you a physical SIM card to your address.

I use physical SIM card and I have no problem in accessing the voicemail in the above mentioned 2 options.

It's very easy to access your voicemail you just have to call your own phone number, when you call your phone number it goes directly to your voicemail

yes , but when i press and hold 1 it then asks me to input my visible password,, my password is a mixture of numbers and letters , i see no way to enter this on a keypad,, when i try the old 3 button text method that doesnt work either,, ,is the voice mail password suppose to be all numbers>>

Yes but when i press the one it prompts me to enter my password,, ,my visible password is a mixture of letters and numbers,, the key pad only allows number entries,, when i try old 3 butten text for letters it doesnt work,, is the voice mail password all numbers,, if so is it a differant password than your visible log in??

this worked great for me.  thanks!

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

Go to Settings - Apps - Voicemail - Storage - Clear Data

Then Open Voice Mail and go through the prompts .

You also have to have mobile data enabled 

@GreenSub Do you use Samsung phone as well?

@DDG You could try this and see the result.

My wife has a Samsung S10e and we just had to do this when flipping back and forth between Verizon and Visible.

She should be full time Visible this weekend. 

Thanks for this fix! I was getting so frustrated after switching from Verizon to Visible and nothing related to voicemail was working on my S20. You're a lifesaver.

DDG
Novice II

This issues has been resolved.  Apparently my eSIM never downloaded completely.   Through customer service I had to delete the current eSIM and let them.upload a new one to my phone.  Problem solved.

Great!