Changes coming to referral program

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

I got this in my email.  
Starting May 25th, we will be rolling out a new referral incentive - “Give $20 off, get $20 off”. Now both you and your friend will get $20 off a month of service when they use your Friend code to sign up for Visible.

What does this mean for you?
Your existing referral credits will be automatically converted to $20 off credits on May 25th. As long as you remain in your Party of 4 or more, this change won’t impact what you pay for next month’s service.  Now if the new customers first  month is $25 it doesn't make as good of a deal  for the new customer.  I don't agree with this.    What are others thoughts?  I feel this is messing with a good thing.

5 REPLIES 5

Adamsgga32
Novice III

I'm assuming this means we will be paying $20/month with the credit instead of the current $5

Adamsgga32
Novice III

It will only affect those who aren't in a party of 4or more

I don't know if anything has changed...If you're in a party of 4 or more, that month is still $5 ($25-$20=$5)... What's the difference???! It's confusing 🤔

Doesn't someone have to sign up for one month at $40 (or $20 after the $20 referral) before they are able to ask to join and be accepted to a "party pay"?  I had to activate my account before I was able to join party pay.  So this would make their first month $20 instead of $40 with the referral, but not $5.  If there is a way to be approved for party pay before joining I missed that and it would be great to know how to do that. 

1louder
Novice

edited to delete duplicate post