Visible Party Pay - Why is this strategy

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

This is an open ended question:

Why does Visible promote party pay with $25/month and $40/month (without party pay)?

What is the motivation behind it? Why this duality of plans?

Instead why can't they scrap the $40/month plan and have only the party pay valued plan which is $25/ month?

If any party can have unlimited number of members, then why do members create a small party?

Given that no personal identifiable information is not shared among party pay members?

Not sure if any one else had pondered over this. Open for the discussion.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.
10 REPLIES 10

GreenSub
Superuser
Superuser

I think Party Pay generates communication about the Visible brand.

Most everyone likes to chat about the great deal theyโ€™ve gotten on a product, especially if they know the way to get an even better deal. 

How do I join a party?

To get a $25 a month rate vs $40

Learn how to party here: 

https://www.visible.com/plan/party-pay

How to Party:

Bring your own phone and own phone number or get a new one, it doesn't matter! Everyone can join a party after the service is activated. We'll send you a nudge once your service is active, then it's time to join or create a Party.
Join or Create a Party

Get a Party link from a loved one, or an internet stranger. Click the link, and ask to join the Party. Or check our FAQs below for steps to create your own Party
Enjoy your savings

Youโ€™ll be added to the Party automatically. After your first month, your monthly payment will be $5 cheaper per person in your Party, compared to our base plan (with a max. savings of $15/mo).
If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Interesting thought.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

I wonder why do people still have smaller party with less than 4 members and ask for people to join the party. 

beav
Superuser
Superuser

That one is a mystery. Ego? A life goal of wasting time?

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Ego, that's funny.

beav
Superuser
Superuser

I think for a couple of reasons Visible keeps the standard plan at $40:

-Some people won't bother joining a party, so each of those people is $15 in additional revenue to Visible (thus Verizon)

-People like feeling like they get a deal, and if they are paying $25, it becomes a word of mouth marketing thing for Visible to get new customers

Is the simple thing eliminating the $40 price point? Yes. Would it cost Visible revenue to not have the $40 price point? Yes. So I think it will stick around for a while longer.

Interesting thought, but still makes me wonder why.