Activation problem

Xing
Novice

Put new sim card in, followed the instruction and finished the activation procedure, but there is no signal on my phone screen. Cannot make call nor text.

7 REPLIES 7

nwaDofMana
Novice II

I also have same problem for past 5 hours and Visible support has been no help

bebersole
Novice II

I'm experiencing the same.  I've been dealing with the same issue now for 2 weeks.  

nwaDofMana
Novice II

Well, after 9+ hours of badgering support, was finally able to get them to get a person who could fix it, not just a ticket and then being blown off.  No idea how but it now works.  Iโ€™ve been a Visible customer since the early days and this has been the worst customer experience I have ever had with them.  They really made Comcast & Verizon Wireless look good which are two companies that I constantly have poor experience with.  Hope you can get yours resolved without suffering the 9+ hours I did.

bebersole
Novice II

Has anyone resolved this by refactory setting the phone?  It's the one thing I haven't tried yet and I'm wondering if its worth trying  

bebersole
Novice II

Update on my side, I'm receiving a new SIM all together after 2.5 weeks without service.  I'll try and jump back on here and let you all know if that does it. 

russellowens20
Intermediate

What phone are you trying to activate? I to am having issues when upgrading my Wife to the new Basic plan. She has a Note 8 that was working fine on the old plan and I decided to go ahead and move her over to the new plan rather than scramble when they shut down the old ones. I should have know this would be a dance of frustration with Visible. I don't even bother working with them anymore due to them wanting you to reset everything on your phone as I did with my S20FE and then ended up fixing this myself.

I have manage to get her phone to receive and send calls, as well as send and receive text but can't get the data to work after the initial time I did see LTE. I added three APNs. So much level of frustration with this company. These phones are still viable and work well on many other carriers so there really is no excuse other than they want to make money on new phones.

I will continue my Note 8 configuration until I figure it out or find another carrier when I get tired of fooling with it.

I am having the same trouble with my Galaxy A51,  What did you do to get phone service and text?  That is a step in the right direction.  I have made 4 calls to Visible, anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half each time.  Reset net work almost worked, but did not stay fixed.