Annoying Spam Call

JimG
Novice

Does anyone have a solution to block spam calls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Taylor_Link
Novice II

What kind of phone do you use? If you are on an android device, try using googles phone app. In the settings you have a spam filter option you can turn on.

For iphones this is the suggested path to follow (per apple)

1. Go to the App Store and download an app that detects and blocks spam phone calls. You can download and install multiple apps with this feature from different app developers.
  2. Go to Settings > Phone.
  3. Tap Call Blocking & Identification.
  4. Under Allow These Apps To Block Calls And Provide Caller ID, turn the app on or off. You can also reorder the apps based on priority. Just tap Edit and then drag the apps in the order you want them.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Dxdvicrich20
Novice II

Go to donotcall.gov to add your number to the national do not call list. You can also call the number on the website to add your number to the list. Keep in mind it can take up to 31 days to stop those annoying calls. Hope that helps! I hardly ever get spam calls now.๐Ÿ˜Š

snappyapple632
Novice III

Use a call screening app like "Hiya" or "Should I Answer?" (I use the latter). Unfortunately, there isn't much Visible can do from their end.

Dxdvicrich20
Novice II

Go to donotcall.gov or call 1-888-382-1222 to add your number to the national do not call list. Keep in mind it can take up to 31 days to stop those annoying calls. Hope that helps! I hardly ever get spam calls now.๐Ÿ˜Š

Unfortunately, the Do Not Call list stopped being effective years ago since only law-abiding companies follow it. Most spammers don't follow the list, so only 3rd party apps are effective in blocking spam calls.

Brianb
Novice II

If you don't get spam calls you are lucky. I've been registered there for many years and I have reconfirmed many times over the years. Most spam calls aren't sent legally and the numbers are spoofed. So the do not call is limited on how much it helps. But it is still good to be on

Taylor_Link
Novice II

What kind of phone do you use? If you are on an android device, try using googles phone app. In the settings you have a spam filter option you can turn on.

For iphones this is the suggested path to follow (per apple)

1. Go to the App Store and download an app that detects and blocks spam phone calls. You can download and install multiple apps with this feature from different app developers.
  2. Go to Settings > Phone.
  3. Tap Call Blocking & Identification.
  4. Under Allow These Apps To Block Calls And Provide Caller ID, turn the app on or off. You can also reorder the apps based on priority. Just tap Edit and then drag the apps in the order you want them.

angelosanchez
Novice

When I was on MetroPCS they had a code that blocked spam calls. I wish visible had the same.