Calling FROM Mexico??

herbsells
Novice

Now that calling TO Mexico is included with Visible plans, I'm curious about calling FROM Mexico.  We are traveling to MX in FEB and last time I had to buy a local MX phone.  Will I now be able to call FROM MX?  My fellow travelers last year that had Verizon phones were able to use theirs.

Thanks ... Herb

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! 

Visibleโ€™s service is available in the continental U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii. Members can make calls to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you want to text or talk using only Wi-Fi, you can use FaceTime on your iPhone or download an app like Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Line. And if you need cell service internationally, you can temporarily swap out your Visible SIM for a local one. Thank you for posting!

kyle_davis1
Novice

Were you able to make calls from Mexico with your visible service?

jmfaminoff
Novice

Hope this kind of answers your question.  You can make calls in Mexico if you place the call over your phone's WIFI connection. Your hotel may have WIFI, and numerous stores may have available, and all you need to do is connect to their WIFI network.  Just not roaming like your used to here in the US.  Actually, this method works across the globe, as long as you have an internet connection.  But, I do not know if it will place a call through a VPN connection like NordVpn.  If it does, makes you call even more secure.