Charged twice for service.

phq2377
Novice II

Any help?  I was charged twice for this phone bill. I didn't think this would be a big deal,  things happen. But I started a chat with customer service & they said they see that it happened but I would have to talk with the customer service on Facebook or Twitter to fix it.  I explained that I didn't do social media & don't have an account. I was told a tier 2 CS rep. Could email me & I agreed.  They quickly said it was bad information & I should hold for a fix. Then I was somehow lost๐Ÿค” so anyone know how to resolve this without social media???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is a bummer that they both were legit charges, I would keep on them on the chat function until you get an acceptable answer.  As some point, you may want to dispute the charge with your bank/credit card company, however that could lead to problems of disconnecting service, so I would use that as a last resort.  However I know there is a limited time to dispute charges, keep on customer service until you get an acceptable answer.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

phoneman2021
Superuser
Superuser

You have 2 options the way I see it.  1 get Facebook or twitter.  2 Nicely request a call from a supervisor.

Well I'm not doing the social media.  It seems like a terrible deal to give a business indefinite unlimited access & rights to ALL your data & your compensation is giving it to them.  So I guess I'll try the call back...     Thanks

I have been guilty of this before, and for some reason Amazon seems to do it repeatedly to me.  Are you sure that one of the charges was not just a 'hold' put on the money and the other charge was the actual charge?  I would watch to see if one of the charges drops off, which would be the hold.

I also find it strange that you have to go through facebook or twitter.....

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

phq2377
Novice II

Unfortunately, the 2 changes have passed pending stage. & I don't get it either, they didn't direct me to Facebook or Twitter to pay & they see the 2nd charge, even if I did social media.๐Ÿ˜ฃ

That is a bummer that they both were legit charges, I would keep on them on the chat function until you get an acceptable answer.  As some point, you may want to dispute the charge with your bank/credit card company, however that could lead to problems of disconnecting service, so I would use that as a last resort.  However I know there is a limited time to dispute charges, keep on customer service until you get an acceptable answer.

Iโ€™m new to all of this but I am giving this a try and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get to a solution that is viable. Thank you. 

I respect you for not using social media I also dropped it a long time ago, I call it time waster

I donโ€™t do social media and I have tried endlessly to contact someone through chat but I canโ€™t seem to get through due to ? I might have to just dispute the charge with my bank and then add the money to the card today in order to activate the service. It looks like it can be done now and it only needs the money added to the card in order to get the activation completed. Thanks to all that have offered a solution to my problem.

Try doing a chat with a laptop don't login info your account just start a chat after 1 or 2 hours you'll get to someone