Email address

suds
Novice II

I was a customer in FEB 2022 and left Visible to try out another cell provider. Now I want to return to Visible but it will not let me reuse my old email address. The old account still pulls up and lets me log in but will not let me restart service even though the there is a box that says "Restart Service".

I contacted customer service and was told I needed to create a NEW account with a NEW email address and I did.

Visible, I do not understand how something so simple as a old account cannot be reused. I'm now forced to maintain and monitor another email address.

Please update your software to allow the customer to use there old account.

Thanks

Steve

13 REPLIES 13

Moxie
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks for sharing! I have spoken to other users in the past with a similar situation. Have you tried changing your current visible login email to the one you actually want to use? ....I think Visible says it takes a few weeks to officially switch. 

Let me know if you try/if it works?

Annoying either way...

Thanks!

If this post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution. Thank You!

Additional information needed? https://www.visible.com/help

I tried changing the email to my previously used one and it's gives me an error message that says email is already in use.

Dum b!  .....Maybe auto forward your emails (quick "fix")

Good luck!

If this post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution. Thank You!

Additional information needed? https://www.visible.com/help

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

I would have pressed on the why doesn't the restart service box work.  The person helping you probably didn't want to work on the issue very hard and and knew starting a complete new service would work.

I would reach out to help again and be firm on changing email addresses.

If you don't want to do that, it may be worth you while to create a third email address (burner).  Change your original visible service tied to the email you want to use to the burner email address.  Then change your new visible account over to email you want to use.  Lots of hoops to jump through.  I would 'lean' on visible help first though.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

I can log into the original email address account but is does not let me have access to the profile to change anything. NO JOY

Welp other than leaning on visible i am out of ideas...

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Thanks for the help.

suds
Novice II

I reached out to tech support no one could figure out anything to help me. reference #[Edited for privacy]. Do not understand how something so simple as an email address is locked up and cannot be moved to my other account.

@suds Have you tried logging in to the old Visible account and updating your e-mail address on your profile? Account Profile | Visible

If you use Gmail and some others that support + email addresses, you may rename the old account to YourEmail+old[at]gmail.com  to free up YourEmail[at]gmail.com .  Then you'll be able to set up the new account with your preferred e-mail address without having to create a burner or use a secondary e-mail address (of course, that's also an option, too!).

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

Yes I tried that but Visible will not let me modify my profile. But thanks for the suggestion.

@suds As an alternate option, you could create a new account with the + option as I mentioned above and it will let you.  The issue is that you'll have to remember the + part.  But if you use something like YourEmail+Visible[at]gmail.com, it should be easier to remember.

Also, out of sheer curiosity, did you re-subscribe using eSIM or ordered a regular SIM?  I would have thought if you went through the process like you were signing up for new service using the old account it would work.

But maybe it's buggy as Visible seems to be a bit like a "beta" phone service, most of the time it works, but sometimes it doesn't and there isn't always an easy explanation of why.  We just must blindly toggle airplane mode on and off.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.

adityasindhur
Novice

Hi Suds,

This is a year after, and I still seen any progress on this; I recently ported out to another service provider, and I am having a network issue and want to port back to visible; now I am stuck with the account being suspended.

Please let me know if you get any update from Visible on this ?

Regards,

Ssmi

AnnaSV
Novice

I found the workaround, at least with a gmail address. "my[dot]email[at]gmail[dot]com" and "myemail[at]gmail[dot]com" are functionally equivalent as far as Gmail is concerned, but Visible thinks they are different. Put a period in your old email address (left of the @, obviously) and try to register. It worked seamlessly for me.