Galaxy fold 3 IMEI post eSim/dual sim update

GoBaduk
Novice II

I read articles (seemingly incorrectly) saying that the Samsung fold 3 is now supported on visible with the recent eSim/dual sim software update. The visible app now displays that the fold 3 works with visible when doing the compatibility check but when entering the IMEI it says the IMEI is unavailable. I was wondering what the story is with the fold/flip phones? Hardware and software wise there's nothing that should be restricting them from being used on the network as all bands and technologies are supported. I've heard of people trying their visible sim activated in other devices in their fold/flip and it worked just fine so I'm wondering why visible is still blocking IMEIs for fold/flip devices?

5 REPLIES 5

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Is your phone unlocked?  Did you purchase it from a provider under a promotion or contract with them?

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

Yes, it is an unlocked device purchased directly from Samsung. No other carrier I've run into has had any issues activating it on their service. Visible is the first I've run into that has been as selective of what phones they support. Most carriers who are restrictive is because a device is too outdated but in this case it's blocked with flagship hardware and software. This device has gone from Verizon to T-Mobile to Mint mobile and supports all Verizon network bands and 5g technologies. Heck, in the past I've used a phone I bought when living in a different country that didn't even support half of Verizons bands on the Verizon network because it supported the main bands and Verizon couldn't care less and never even asked for the IMEI of the phone I was going to use their SIM in.

It clearly states in this forum that Galaxy fold 3 is supposed to be supported for over the past month so I'm assuming the Visible IMEI lookup tool is just bugged as there are multiple replies to that post saying these newly supported phones are being rejected by the tool. https://community.visible.com/t5/Let-s-Chat/Introducing-Visible-eSIM-for-Android/td-p/17042

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Have you reached out to visible chat/support to see what they say, maybe the tool on the website is not in synch with what is actually compatible.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

5uck3rpunch
Novice

I have the same phone & same issue as GoBaduk except I am trying to go from plastic SIM card to eSIM.  Visible chat support was worthless.  The just use the IMEI checker & then they are done.  I have read at least one article online where a user was able to switch with this phone from SIM to eSIM on Visible but he said it was a nightmare to get it done.  I'm not real happy with Visible these days.  I have been around since they started & it seems they are getting worse all the time.