How do I move up from Novice Level?

VisibleSavers
Novice III

Can anyone tell me how the members move up the levels?  I’ve been stuck on Novice III for over a year.  Thanks for helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The best advice I can offer, is to stay active in the Let’s Chat or Help? Forums.  Offer your advice and help to new members and you’ll move up the levels.  I know many people don’t worry about it, but I do see how your background as a teacher has you seeking some kind of a rubric.  I’ve never seen one and have been present since this forum was formed.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Lakeside
Novice II

I’ve been wondering the same thing.  I’ve been on the Learner level for about the same amount of time.  I, too, appreciate any help from SuperUsers or members in the community.

Help more and reply to post more, give kudos and such levels you up. I don't even pay attention to it. 

Thanks for your reply, but I guess what I’m asking is what specific criteria is needed to move up the levels.  Is it posted somewhere in the forum?

If Khoros (the software driving this community) is like any other forum I've manged in the past, the Community Manager is able to establish the criteria for ranks. They aren't publicly available since some would take advantage of them and use automated respsonses to move up the ranks.

As noted below, Savings Spot features or trhe like in most of the forums I've managed are typically not used for that purpose since it's easy to game the system to establish a rank if you know the criteria.

Just guessing based on past experiences. Repeated referral postings just get in the way of those seeking help or those providing help. That's why they're frowned on outside of the Savings Spot. I'd suggest more active participation in the other forums here if wanting to move up in the ranks.

A search of Khoros Community features might find some added insight:

https://khoros.com/powered-by-khoros

OK.  I’m a teacher and am used to objective criteria being outlined for grades.  I’ve never thought about it from a forum management perspective and thought it seemed unclear.

Off hand I suspect Kudos Received and Solutions authored are the most important measures in moving past the Novice ranks as a measure of helpfulness - excluding activities in Savings Spot.

The only real gudance provided is "keep helping" and in:

https://community.visible.com/t5/Get-Started/Answers-to-the-questions-you-re-asking/ba-p/20

VisiblyPresent
Intermediate III

As noted, you need to post more, provide solutions, replies - I don't believe the Savings Spot forum posts/replies count towards that but could be wrong.

The best advice I can offer, is to stay active in the Let’s Chat or Help? Forums.  Offer your advice and help to new members and you’ll move up the levels.  I know many people don’t worry about it, but I do see how your background as a teacher has you seeking some kind of a rubric.  I’ve never seen one and have been present since this forum was formed.  Good luck.