Major Porting Issues and 0 Follow up from support

jmo2021
Novice II

Back story:  We have 1 phone and the same number for 15+ years and was on cricket.

1 week ago, I ordered a simcard and a "temp" number so I could test the service compared to cricket.

I received everything in a blazing fast amount of time.  Did many tests comparing cricket coverage and speed to visible.  I was super impressed (still am) and spoke with an agent via chat at 6pm to port over my number to the sim.

This is when everything just went south and fast.  My number was ported out of cricket, and into visible (I think).  However, something happened to my account and now I still show the temp phone number on my account (app) and nothing works.  I can not make or receive calls/texts to either number.  I have been told my number is in their system and their techs are working on fixing the issue.  

However, my wife has medical issues, I explained all of this the moment things started acting off that first night.  She needs to have medical treatments which requires us to wait for a call due to covid.  Yesterday we could not receive that call and she had to be admitted to the hospital.  Now I am sitting here with no phone, and no form of communication other than email with a wife in the hospital and no way of talking to doctors regarding treatment.  I also explained all of this to the 7 different chat reps who all say the same thing... they will personally explain this to the tech to ensure this is elevated and handled quickly.

I can't port my old number out even if I wanted to because its not even associated with my account at this moment.

Can someone from visible please help me?? I do have a reference number but am not posting that on here.

It has been 36 hours now and no real updates other than they are sorry and working on it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jmo2021
Novice II

It took 3.5 days but everything has been fixed.  During these 3.5 days I did some research only to find that I am not alone in these issues.  Visible has a massive problem with porting and should make that a top priority for the future of their company.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

hofo
Novice II

Are you my alter ego? If you swap Cricket for TMobile I'm having the exact same experience. Except I started with two failed eSim attempts. After putting in the physical SIM and starting the port it looked like things were improving. They were not. The number came into Visible but not to my account. I had no incoming phone calls or text messages on my ported line. That situation carried on for almost three weeks. Now I've got the number working on the phone but the account profile still shows the Visible temporary number. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since that was reported. All I can get out of support is a frustrating "they're working on it. Watch your email for an update or resolution in 24 to 48 hours." Any information about what the problem looks like, what's been done to it, what future steps they can try would make it at least look like something was being done. As it is, it feels like the ticket is sitting in a queue somewhere being ignored. If I were to treat my customers this way I would've been fired three weeks ago.

jmo2021
Novice II

It took 3.5 days but everything has been fixed.  During these 3.5 days I did some research only to find that I am not alone in these issues.  Visible has a massive problem with porting and should make that a top priority for the future of their company.

My issue was finally resolved an hour after I paid the monthโ€™s charges (not late). Isnโ€™t that coincidental? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Splash4175
Novice II

I have a 95 year old father , I am his poa, etc for hospice, assisted living, everything. I have now 2 numbers, 2 emails, still running on old co for 16 days and 50 some hours of chat . It seems to run on my number sometimes and on the number they assigned sometimes . I think they are so far behind on poring people in , itโ€™s hit and miss . Not prepared or properly trained for influx of new customers. 

Jkstano
Novice

My husband has been without his phone for about 3 weeks now!! This is a brand new Visible phone but trying to port from a boost number!! He canโ€™t make if receive calls on it!! 

I am going through the same thing, i am now over a week not having my phone # ported into Visible's system, I came from Google Voice, they confirmed that everything on their end is done, everthing is now in Visible's hands. Yet i cannot get service on my ported # and no one can tell me why. I have filed an FCC complaint, and I will continue to file a new FCC complaint every day that this is not completed, I urge you to do the same.