Moto G Stylus 5G from the Visible Store...

Big_Matty
Novice

Hello!  I'm a happy Visible customer for a year and a half now.  I have the basic Moto Pure phone provided as a trade in for my LG Stylo 5 from Boost Mobile in March 2022.  I'm mostly happy, although at peak usage times The bandwidth is much to be desired.  I like to game on Geforce Now, and unless it is 4AM, my bandwidth isn't up to the task.  My phone is 4G LTE.  So, I've been wanting a new phone, and I thought perhaps a 5G phone would give me better speeds for gaming.  The Moto G Stylus 5G from the visible store fits my needs at an acceptable price.  I know I can get an unlocked one cheaper off Amazon, but I really don't know if I can trust the mixed information I'm getting about whether an unlocked Moto G Stylus 5G is compatible or not.  I don't mind paying the cost in the store.  What I would like to know, if anyone has first hand information about whether the phone from the visible store is the 2023 version or not?  I spoke to a person (I think) via chat on the visible website, two different people actually, who told me it is the 2023 model, and the phone has 6g of Memory for running applications with 128gig Internal Storage, expandable to 1TB with MicroSD.  I'd love anyone's experiences on this matter.  Thanks for the Help!

-Big Matty

3 REPLIES 3

beav
Superuser
Superuser

I think someone posted here that Motorola phones not purchased from Visible will not be listed in the Visible IMEI database.

Visible has a 14 day return policy, if you want the phone, I would buy it from Visible, and if it is not what you want, return it.

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

Buy the unlocked phone  and just move your SIM. It will work for calls, text and data. Where it works for WIFI calling is a crap shoot.

knightoflight
Novice

I purchased a Motorola Stylus 5G 2023 phone from Best Buy, as I had a gift card.  I upgraded to Visible Plus a week ago.  I moved the SIM card from my old 2020 Stylus phone which was 4G LTE only.  The 2023 phone is working on the 5G network.  However, I tested the 5G speed against my iPhone that is on regular Verizon.  The Verizon phone was over twice as fast as the Visible phone, although same Verizon tower and Visible Plus is supposed to be at high priority speed data until 50GB used up.  I hadn't reached 2GB yet.  I contacted Visible customer support.  They verified that I am on Visible Plus.  They asked for my Motorola 2023 IMEI number.  That came back as not compatible with Visible, so that is the reason that the 5G is slower than the Verizon phone.  However, Visible sells the same model phone on their web site.  So I believe that Visible is purposely not accepting Motorola phones not sold by them.  I also believe this because a friend of mine bought a Motorola Power 2021 phone from Amazon.  It worked fine under the old party pricing.  When Visible switched to individual pricing, his phone stopped working.  When he contacted Visible support, they told him that his phone is no longer compatible with Visible.  How can it work, but not be compatible?  It made no sense!  He ended up exiting from Visible, because the phone stopped working on their network.  Their BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) appears to be some kind of sick joke.  Not sure what is going on with all of this.