New Features & Visible+ Plan Enhancements

DD-VisibleMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are launching some new features - Global Pass, improved hotspot speeds for Visible+ members, and so much more! Below you will find the information on our new offerings, and you can also check out visible.com/plans for a detailed comparison and breakdown. 

Global Pass

Visible is providing Visible+ members with international service in 140 countries for a flat rate of $10/day for unlimited talk and text, and 2GB of high speed data per day. 

• For $10 / day, Visible Members can use voice / text / data while traveling to 140 countries, with one day per month included on Visible+ 2.0 plan. 
  • For $5 / day, members on the Visible plan get the same services in Canada / Mexico / Puerto Rico & USVI
  • Taxes and fees included

Updated Apple Watch Pricing

• Smartwatch service is now included with the Visible+ plan for no extra cost.
  • Visible base plan members who sign up for an Apple Watch plan after 3/27 will pay a $10 monthly rate for the wearable line.
  • Existing members with active Apple Watch service will continue with the $5 Apple Watch plan. Members who activated their wearable prior to launch of the new $10 Apple Watch plan will continue to pay their $5 monthly rate.

Marketplace & Plan Change Simplifications

• The Marketplace will be a new feature within the Account Overview section where members can learn about available features/add ons and add them to their service if they want. 
    • This is where you will be able to manage your Global Pass as well as your Watch plan. 
  • To make choosing the right plan for your needs as easy and simple as we can, we have simplified the plan change process within your Account Overview. 
    • When switching between Visible and Visible+, any plan features and benefit changes will be clearly highlighted 
    • Any monthly cost change impacts and promo status changes will be clearly indicated as well]

Overall Visible+ enhancements as of 3/27:

• Hotspot speeds up to 2x faster than the Visible plan or the old Visible+ plan (5mbps to 10mbps)
  • Free overnight shipping on all orders 
  • Apple Watch included with Visible+ plan
  • 1 day/month of Global Pass

FAQs

Is the monthly rate for  Visible+ changing?
Nope! Same $45/month rate as the prior version of the Visible+ plan.

I’m already on Visible+, do I have to do anything to gain access to these new features?
Yes. You will need to log into your account and choose the Visible+ plan after 3/27. Otherwise, you will continue to receive the prior version of the Visible+ plan.

Why change the Visible+ plan? 

We are always looking to change and improve our services, and we want to offer the most value possible to our members!

I’m not on Visible+, can I still access these new features?

Visible base plan members will still be able to use Global Pass, but will not receive one included day per month. They will also be able to add an Apple Watch to their plan at  $10/month. The improved hotspot speeds will only be available to Visible+ plan holders. 

Am I required to step up my Visible+ to this new version?
Nope! If you wish to remain on the current Visible+, you can, though you will not have the new inclusions or features until you do –  meaning you’ll still be able to access things like Global Pass, but you will not get the included day per month unless you switch to the new Visible+.

Will I lose my promo if I step up?

This may vary per promo and user, but any promo status changes will be clearly highlighted during the plan change process before you accept any final plan changes. Many promotions will drop when you make a plan change, though, including a change from the prior version of Visible+ to the new version.

I already have an Apple Watch on my Visible base plan, will my monthly rate increase?
No, if you already have an Apple Watch on your base plan for $5, that rate will remain as long as the watch is part of your account. 

Where can I view a detailed breakdown of all the plan features? 

You can check that list out here: https://www.visible.com/help/plan-features 

How do I enable Global Pass? 

You will log into your account via the app or the site, and then proceed to the Account Overview. From there, you will scroll down until you see “Global Pass”. You’ll agree to the Global Pass T&Cs, and then select “Enable Global Pass”. 

NOTE: You must have autopay enabled in order to access Global Pass, so if you do not have that enabled you will also need to agree to the Autopay T&Cs as well. 

How does Global Pass work?
You can enable the feature while still in the US and turn Autopay on, and, once in an eligible foreign country, you will receive an SMS message confirming your service. You will be charged once you start using data, make or receive a call, or send a text. That will begin the 24 hour session. Once the 24 hours is up, if you continue to use data as described above, you will be charged for another Global Pass for the next 24 hours.

• To prevent you from being charged for another pass while traveling, disable Global Pass from your Account Overview page at any time (this is the same place where it was enabled initially).

What are the hotspot changes with this update? 

If you are on the Visible plan, there are no changes, you will continue to receive unlimited hotspot at speeds of up to 5 mbps. If you are on the new Visible+ plan, you will get unlimited hotspot at speeds of up to 10mbps. 

4 REPLIES 4

Pvorthmann
Novice

Hello, if I upgrade to visible + plan and already have a watch plan, what do I do? Should I cancel it after I upgrade?

Good question - not clear whether you'd need to cancel and reactivate the watch.

Lots of discussion over at https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/ but I found nothing regarding that specific question. Maybe ask over there if you have a redddit accout. The Visible subreddit is much more active than this format (albeit a bit more contentious at times). Probably a better chnace someone has first hand experience with what happened.

I would hope that Visible would simply drop the current watch charges you may have and make it easy to transition.

rjniles
Superuser
Superuser

I pay $35 for Visible +. If I upgrade to the new Visible + does my rate stay at $35 or go to $45?

You lose any existing promotional pricing and it goes to $45 - in return you get the additional features that are highlighted in green at:

https://www.visible.com/plans?intcmp=hp:2:plans:plans-grid

You can choose to keep your existing plan (for now it's grandfathered but remember what happened to the original Visible plan and party pay) - it's a matter of whether you find the addtional features worth $10 for your circumstances.

Lots of discussion and debate over at https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/ but everyones circumstances differ so there's no definitive answer as to whether it's worth it.