One Plus 8Pro 5G

DP1
Novice II

So for some reason, when I signed up for Visible a year or so ago, my OnePlus 8 Pro 5G was considered compatible. It's worked quite well the entire time and still does. But now, the Visible system is sending me messages that my phone isn't compatible, and I need to upgrade. When I check compatibility on their website, my phone is no longer compatible. I don't understand, and I am unable to find a customer service number to talk to a person. Will my service just stop working? 

2 REPLIES 2

clarinaj
Novice II

I have the same issue.  There is nothing wrong with my one plus phone that they sold me less than 2 years ago.  I have no intention of spending more money to buy a new phone.  There is no support, nor any reply to chat.  If you get any information, please post it.  Right now I am looking for another service.

DP1
Novice II

OK, minor update. I was able to get someone to reply through their facebook page. 

Here is the dialogue:

From me: "So I've got a 5G OnePLus 8Pro that was once compatible with your system. It works great with your system. Now I'm being texted by your service and told it's not compatible as it needs to be 5G, and you are forcing me to upgrade. It IS 5G. The phones you're trying to force me to purchase are actually less capable phones. So why is my phone, which was once compatible, not compatible. I have zero intention of purchasing another phone at this time. How can we make this work? I love your system. And I'm not opposed to upgrading the service and paying more..."

From Visible: "Welcome to Visible! Informing you about the new plans is something I can easily do for you. Since we upgraded our plans, some phones became incompatible with the service. Even if we supported a phone at some point, different factors can make it incompatible on the improved network (like software band, carrier, hardware, SKU number, etc.). I'm sorry, I wish the phone was still compatible."

From me: "thank you for getting back to me. Can you tell me what about it makes it incompatible? I spent a couple of hours on the phone with OnePlus and they believe it is"

Visible: "Some devices are not designed to keep up with the improved network, and they can become incompatible."

From me: "โ€ข GSM๏ผšGSM850ใ€GSM900ใ€GSM1800ใ€GSM1900 โ€ข WCDMA๏ผšB1ใ€B2ใ€B4ใ€B5ใ€B8ใ€B9ใ€B19 โ€ข CDMA๏ผšBC0ใ€BC1ใ€BC10 โ€ข LTE-FDD๏ผšB1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 66, 71 โ€ข LTE-TDD๏ผšB34, 38, 39, 40(Roaming), 41, 46, 48 โ€ข 5G: n2, n5, n66, n41, n71 โ€ข MIMO๏ผšLTE: B2, 4, 7, 25, 66, 41, 48 NR: n2, n66, n41 โ€ข ๏ผˆNote: Actual network and frequency band usage depends on local operator deployment. 5G n1, n3, n7, n28 can only work in NSA mode, 5G n78 can work both in SA and NSA mode.๏ผ‰

This is the list of bands and frequencies my phone is capable of being used on."

Visible: "While there is overlap in the technology networks use, the technology is not identical across networks. Phones need specific hardware to communicate using the technologies and portions of the radio spectrum a network uses. We always ask manufacturers to send us specific phones that work on the services with the specific hardware. No worries though as of now we do not have an end date until the services on the old plan will stop, so you can still enjoy the legacy plan."

So personally, I believe Visible doesn't have enough volume of OnePlus users to support the cost effort to confirm functionality of our OnePlus phones. But in the short term, it appears the service is still functional.