Phone not compatible yet?

Vanbrandt1956
Novice II

When I entered my phones IMEI number for compatibility, it said it's not compatible yet. I bought the phone, that I'd like to bring with me, from Verison. They (Verizon) told me awhile back it had been unlocked. It's a Samsung A-Seventy-One Five-G UW. Why is the compatibility check saying "yet"? It says I can wait or buy a different phone. It does not say when it is expected to be compatible. 

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, that's helpful!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they are having problems with the plans. I currently am using a Moto G Power(2021) that Visible sold me last year and I am still on the old Unlimited plan. The new plans that rolled out that we all have to switch to by January and my phone comes up with the same error. I don't have patience to wait 2 hours on chat so I messaged on FB and Twitter but I am not expecting any replies. Good phone plan but the customer is horrible. I guess that is the price we pay for cheap service, we get cheap customer service. 

Maybe hold off until January before trying to switch here. That is when we all have to switch over by and hopefully they have all the bugs figured out.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did get through on chat on Sunday and also my Twitter DM's finally got answers and the message you get that says the phone isn't compatible yet. I was told the techs are supposedly working on it and trying to add as many phones as possible so no definite fix yet. The problem with with my phone not being compatible it may at some point become compatible as they are trying to add as many phones from the old list and make them compatible but they had no time frame, not holding my breathe though.

Thanks, that's helpful!

horizonracer
Novice

i just found some random apple iphone imei, 

stuck it into the imei, and it let me by..

One way to bypass the imei checker.. i checked 25 different fones & all failed...

The sim works in all the fones i have.. 

Just you have to find some random imei that will trick the imei checker in that it is compatible..

I cannot give no more details then this...   

IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BYPASS THE IMEI CHECKER.. ONCE PASSED THE IMEI CHECK... YOU ARE

GOLDEN FROM HERE ON OUT....