Pixel 6a Compatibility?

gabrielwright
Novice

Has anyone had success with a factory unlocked Pixel 6a? I am waiting on one from Google, but in the past it seems that people have had trouble with IMEI numbers and activation. Hoping I didn't just ship an incompatible phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be surprised when the phone shows up and it shows not compatible. The trouble that people have had is that it seems an Android phone that has not been bought through Visible will likely show not compatible. Even a Motorola phone I bought here in 2021 showed not compatible when the new plans rolled last fall, still does actually, yet I had no issue activating a card in it when I switched to the new basic plan on the new system 3 weeks ago. 

If you are already a customer it doesn't matter if it shows not compatible just move your SIM to the new phone. If you are going to port in you will need to trick the IMEI checker and select an iPhone 2022 and request a SIM card, there should be no reason why you can't activate it.

The IMEI checker is flawed and Visible hasn't put any effort into updating the database. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be surprised when the phone shows up and it shows not compatible. The trouble that people have had is that it seems an Android phone that has not been bought through Visible will likely show not compatible. Even a Motorola phone I bought here in 2021 showed not compatible when the new plans rolled last fall, still does actually, yet I had no issue activating a card in it when I switched to the new basic plan on the new system 3 weeks ago. 

If you are already a customer it doesn't matter if it shows not compatible just move your SIM to the new phone. If you are going to port in you will need to trick the IMEI checker and select an iPhone 2022 and request a SIM card, there should be no reason why you can't activate it.

The IMEI checker is flawed and Visible hasn't put any effort into updating the database. 

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

I ended up using a relatives IMEI to bypass the checker. I didn't realize that you could just select an iPhone to bypass as well, good tip. Hopefully the rest works out.

Thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only thing you should do is make sure you have all the updates on the phone and download the app of course before you attempt to activate, you can't without it. Follow the instructions carefully you shouldn't have an issue. Don't forget to check and make sure the mobile data is on. Good luck!

overlock
Novice III

The 6a I got from the Google store passed the IMEI checker and I was able to activate with eSim. 

TDERBY
Novice II

I bought two unlocked Pixel 6a devices from Google and both were able to be activated on Visible without issues. The 6a devices were troublesome and I've dumped them for Samsung phones, also purchased unlocked from another vendor. I just installed the SIM's from the 6a's into the Samsung phones and those also activated without issue.