Porting from Sprint/TMobile

STM-11
Novice

So I am a longtime Sprint Customer now bought out from TMobile. My wife and I both switched to Visible but they have not been able to port our numbers. Three days now with different case numbers...each time you chat with someone it starts all over...WHO CAN AFFORD TO TAKE THIS MUCH TIME?

6 REPLIES 6

STM-11
Novice

Each time Visible tries the port processing error comes up as inactive number. I've called Sprint 3 times and they say all is good to port out. We have had the same numbers since 2016.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are on chat if you feel like you are not getting anywhere ask for a supervisor, they should move you to a tier two support person. You can also contact them via Facebook messenger or Twitter, you can find icons in the bottom righthand corner of this page. I have better luck with FB versus Twitter. On FB I have sent a message and left it for 6 hours, had a response about 45 minutes after sending it, replied after those 6 hours and had an agent respond within a few minutes. If you go the FB route make sure to include you full name and email address along with your case numbers and questions. Good luck on getting your issue fixed.

Thanks for your reply. I tried the supervisor request. No deal. They said I have to wait for email from support team. But then you can't reply directly to them. The chat guys are the middle men with no progress, ridiculous back and forth and time wasting.

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

Seems like somehow your number is tagged to Sprint (which is now inactive service provider with the buy out)

Try changing to other store brand carrier and then switch to Visible.

P.S: please mark it as solution if it helped you.

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

Thank you for your reply and idea. If Visible (Verizon) can't do it why should I think that another carrier can? That would be more money, time, etc. 

STM-11
Novice

So after 6 days of waiting for them to port my number I no longer have the time to deal with them. Visible customer support never emailed me and were useless. The chat guys are stuck in the middle. I called Sprint and changed my pin to freeze any future port attempts. Chatted another 3 hours again with Visible to get a refund. We will see if that actually posts to my card. Total time spent is like 30 hours or so...Ridiculous waste of time. When you try to simplify your life (lowering bills) but it becomes absolutely more complicated that is when you walk away.