SMS texting won't work on brand new Samsung A54

Tooltomus
Novice

Just upgraded to a new Samsung A54, and my SMS texting will not send or receive.

I have been able to switch to use Facebook Messenger to contact most people, but there are several of my contacts that do not use Messenger, and only can contact me through regular SMS texting.

I have looked through ALL of the threads, and tried EVERY suggestion. Visible is saying that the phone is the problem, but I'm not really sure how that can be.  

1 REPLY 1

RyanBlakeIT
Superuser
Superuser

@Tooltomus - Are you using the messaging app from Google?  If not, please try that and see if it makes a difference.  If it doesn't, one thing I've heard from others is if you use the Verizon Messaging app, that might work as you expect.  Also, make sure you have installed the latest Android version and installed all the app updates in your Play Store.

Ryan Blake - Information Technology Leadership Professional | Superusers are not employees of Visible, but are users just like you.
If someone's post (including mine) solves your issue, please consider marking it as a solution to help others quickly locate solutions.