Setting up account for family, question about porting numbers later.

toshroberts
Novice II

Hello. I have Visible service currently and I love it. I am helping 3 family members switch to Visible. They are currently on a Verizon Family plan. I don't currently have access to the Verizon account because my family is out of town but I want to order the sim cards. Can I get a new number now on each sim and port the numbers later or should I port all three at once?  Thank you for the info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, visible allows you to port in a number after you activated the SIM card with a new number

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, visible allows you to port in a number after you activated the SIM card with a new number

Fortunately I was given access to the Verizon account so I didn't need Visible to issue new numbers. Thank you for the reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the port in procedure you have up to 30 days to port in the numbers. Preferably sooner than later is my opinion.

Also, if didn't already know, these are single line plans so you will need a separate email address and account for each number you are porting. It is my understanding the same form of payment can be used for each.

I would wait until a day or two before your family members return since they need to keep the numbers active with Verizon until after the port is done or those number will be lost if accounts are closed before the port in is done.

Thanks for the reply. I decided to just port the numbers at the time I created the accounts rather than getting new phone numbers and porting the old numbers in later. Everything worked out. Thank you.