Switched to Visible+ and lost ability to send group iMessages to other iPhone users

jjt
Novice II

I have an iPhone 11 Pro, running iOS version 17.0.3, and just switched from AT&T to Visible+. My number has also been ported and I verified I can make texts/calls/use data.

I can send iMessages to individual numbers, as before, but have lost the ability to send iMessages to groups. All members in the group have iPhones and the functionally was working right before my switch to Visible+. Messages are only sent as SMS to groups now.

So far I have tried troubleshooting by:
1. Relaunched the Messages app
2. Restarted the phone
3. Made sure Group Messaging and MMS Messaging were enabled
4. Deleted and restarted a group thread
5. Reset my network settings

This feature is important to be able to use the Messages app on different Apple devices. For example, SMS messages do not show up in the Messages app on a Macbook. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jjt
Novice II

My issue was solved by a post by @gothaggis. My iMessages Send & Receive setting had updated after switching.  I had to go to "Settings -> Messages -> iMessage Send & Receive - my phone number was not selected.  Selecting it fixed the problem."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jjt
Novice II

It appears that other Visible users can't send iMessages at all: see this post.

jjt
Novice II

My issue was solved by a post by @gothaggis. My iMessages Send & Receive setting had updated after switching.  I had to go to "Settings -> Messages -> iMessage Send & Receive - my phone number was not selected.  Selecting it fixed the problem."