Texts not sending

stantonj3
Novice II

SMS not sending on my Android. I turned chat features off and tried both on and off wifi, nothing helps. Any ideas what's going on? Is this a Visible issue? My wife's phone has the same problems, different brand Android even.

11 REPLIES 11

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Have you tried using the troubleshooting steps on the main page of this help forum? 

https://community.visible.com/t5/Help-Forum/Quick-solutions-to-common-wireless-service-problems/m-p/...

While I have an IPhone, I have found that sometimes enabling airplane mode for a couple mins then disabling airplane mode fixes some quirks I have ran into.

Also, I have had a couple times where iMessage gives an alert that the message did not go through, but the party texts back and it is obvious they did get it.   Saying this to say, are you confirming with the other party they didn't get the message or are you going off a delivery/read receipt on the messaging platform?

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

I confirmed with my wife that she did not receive my messages.

prophet5590
Novice

I'm having the same issue, SMS fails. MMS works though. I saw someone else on Twitter with the same issue. Support chat is experiencing higher than normal Care volume. I think it's the network, not your device(s)

Jrb2008
Novice

I'm having the same issue on iphone - iMessages go through but not SMS. 

rayray42
Novice

I am also having the same issue on Samsung Galaxy. Very frustrating. I did all the trouble shooting stuff, including factory resetting my phone, 

Mine is now working again, but I am still talking to chat to figure out what happened. 

Airwolf
Superuser
Superuser

Based on some other response, it appears this may be a more widespread issue.  I assumed this was an ongoing problem and not something that just started.  I would suggest either reaching out to chat directly or waiting a short period of time to see if it resolves...

If a post has solved your problem, please mark it as an acceptable solution, it helps others that may have experienced a similar issue get a quick resolution.

prophet5590
Novice

As of 8:57 Mountain, it looks to be working again

stantonj3
Novice II

This appears to be resolved.

INXSible
Novice III

Almost Two months after OP, similar issue is happening to me:

Can not send/receive SMS.

Can send MMS, but can not receive.

Voice & 5G Data work fine.

I hope Engineering team at Visible can solve this in the near future.

halofriendly
Novice

Duplicate post (from another thread):

If anyone else is still having problems, here's what I realized my problem (and solution) was. 

I did the 15-day free Visible trial, which sets up a temporary secondary number on your phone. 

Then when I signed up for a (paid) Visible account, and ported my old number over, I assumed incorrectly that my phone would use the line assigned to my old number (labeled primary, in settings > cellular), and so I disabled the temporary Visible trial number (labeled secondary).

I was having SO MANY PROBLEMS. I could iMessage other iPhone-using people, but could not text my Android-using husband. And could not do anything using data (only wifi).

In about 24 hours, I looked at my settings again, and things looked different: it showed that now I had two lines using my same old number. A-ha. I needed to disable the old one (labeled primary) because even though the numbers were the same, that was my old (and now deactivated) cell provider (in my case, Verizon), and enable the new one (labeled secondary) because that was my new (and now activated, with my old number ported over) cell provider (Visible). 

Did that, and now everything works just dandy. ๐Ÿ˜… 

That may sound confusing. Happy to upload a screen shot if it helps anyone. It all seems obvious in hindsight, but it took me a while to figure it out, and thought maybe I'm not the only one. 

Good luck!