Unlocked pixel 6a compatability

Codyisapro
Novice II

I received my unlocked pixel 6a today from Google and the IMEI checker says it isn't compatible.

My current phone (4a) is using an esim so I can't simply try moving over a physical sim.

Any thoughts on when my new  phone may be supported?

36 REPLIES 36

solomonwolf
Novice II

I wonder the same. bought a 6a and both SIMs are incompatible. I hope they'll support it soon

colworth2023
Novice III

same here.  bought from google store...  When i went to transfer my esim, they made me revome my esim from old phone, and then came back and told me my pixel 6a was incompatible.  what a nightmare.  When they tried to redo my old phone with a new esim, they said they had to get their engineers involved and would email me in 24hrs.  OMG.  NEVER AGAIN with eSim...  Got my info and switched to Mint until they get there stuff together. 

BigRhino
Novice

Exact same issue, purchased unlocked 6a from Google store and visible rejects IMEI.  Sounds like this is happening on all 6a phones which is odd as Visible sells that model in their own store.  I'm guessing this is some sort of bug and hopefully they get it sorted out soon.

After closing my account, I reopened and having them send me physical sim.  Will update tomorrow if it works on pixel 6a.  

I tried with my physical SIM and it didn't work.

It's just not compatible with Visible.

I guess I'll just have to switch to Mint

Did you get a new physical sim? A deactivated one won't work.

colworth2023
Novice III

My new one comes tomorrow.  I'll see.  Very frustrating that Google store unlocked phone won't work.  

DougD
Novice

Bought my 6a from Amazon. Unlocked and not compatible. I'm trying to leave Verizon and I checked their compatibility and the 6a is fine there??

DougD
Novice

I bought my 6a on Amazon, unlocked. It is not compatible with Visible. I'm trying to leave Verizon but I checked compatibility on their site and my phone is compatible with them?

I tried chat and was told not all phones are compatible,.even the same model or make? How in the world does this happen?

colworth2023
Novice III

Response they sent to my email:

This is the Visible Care Team. We're reaching out regarding the issue you’re experiencing with your new phone. Thank you so much for providing us with the IMEI number of your device.

After reviewing your device information, we've determined that your device is incompatible with us at this time. Each device is unique and compatibility is dependent on a lot of factors including things like hardware and software.

We are aware that you are concern about the lock status of your device; however, this is one of the factor that has no influence on the lock status of the phone. Your phone an be unlocked or locked and still not be compatible to our network.

We would like to let you know that visible requires special software updates that are not available for all phones. As well as some carriers and manufacturers offer their devices to run on certain carriers or signal frequencies. This is why sometimes a device is not compatible with certain carrier, but it is with another, this is also a reason why we sell a compatible Pixel 6a, the one we sell is set up to be compatible to our network.

Luckily, there are some great options for purchasing devices on the Visible website, including both new and pre-owned devices, as well as some pretty great promotions to sweeten the deal. There are even financing options available if that's something that you're interested in. Once you have a compatible device, you can use the same SIM you already have to enable service on that device.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding with us while we worked this out.

Check the new post

I hear your pain, Colworth.

This is completely crazy (stronger words warranted). Brand new unlocked phones from Google or Samsung and which pass compatibility tests on Verizon (Visible's carrier), AT&T, Boost, T-Mobile, Cricket, Consumer Cellular... do not pass the compatibility check on Visible. Can't you update your database and allow BYOD to actually work? Are they trying to chase customers to big brother Verizon? 

colworth2023
Novice III

ADD THESE APN SETTING TO YOUR PIXEL 6a... 

http://couchpotatocafe.com/Visible%20Internet%20APN%20Settings.pdf

colworth2023
Novice III

Enter these 4 APNs into your pixel 6a and it should work according to most people with same issue. 

http://couchpotatocafe.com/Visible%20Internet%20APN%20Settings.pdf

Any update? 

Any updates? 

Check the new post.

Viisibleone
Novice

If you have a Visible sim just install in the 6a and it will recognize it.  Just finished setting up my 6a. Just moved my sim to the 6a. It shows Visible as the carrier and shows connected at 5G. 

Viisibleone
Novice

If you already have a Visible sim, install it in the 6a turn it on and it will recognize the sim.  Just finished setting up my 6a. Just moved my sim to the 6a. It shows Visible as the carrier and shows connected at 5G. I was worried until I read this thread. I got the free earbud bundle. I thought I going have to do a return.  

Viisibleone
Novice

The physical sim is the way to go. I  just  set up my 6a with no problem.  

Actually I just tried again using my physical SIM and it does work. No idea what changed.

The eSIM still doesn't work however 

Awesome!  You guys are getting my hopes up. Lol.   Physical sim arrives tomorrow.  Delayed by FedEx.  I'm never doing esim again.   it's been a  nightmare  . 😔

solomonwolf
Novice II

I'm using the physical SIM as well and it does not work

Sorry to hear that.  Was the sim activated and working in your old phone? Does it at least recognize the sim is installed? It may not be in seated in the tray correctly. I noticed in this phone the sim faces upside down in the tray in my opinion.  Or something could be wrong with the sim.  Just somethings to consider. 

sungsoon
Novice

It works for me too. I used the SIM used for my old pixels 3a to activate pixel 6a. SIM card from pixel 4a works too...

colworth2023
Novice III

Sim just came in mail...  Activated on my old Pixel 5a and popped into my pixel 6a.  Worked with zero issues.  So happy.  👍

Jclovett84
Novice

Same issue here. 4a to 6a. Using esim. They told me the same about pixel 4a. Worked fine. I've used other phones they told me weren't compatible. It might take a few cycles or so for the sim to be recognized but just because they tell you it's not compatible doesn't mean it actually isnt. Sadly I'll have to get a new sim card sent also. I can add the apn settings but unless it changes the imei status somehow I'm sure they'll tell me the same thing

Just get the physical sim and pop it in.  It works.  I think they want you to buy their phones.   😔

solomonwolf
Novice II

I'm now trying to migrate to the new plan ($30) and it does not work. I chatted with costumer care and they were not able to help me yet. They said they'll email me when they figure it out. I do not have service now because they're not allowing me to go back to the original plan either.

If you have a 6a don't upgrade to the new plans yet

Just request a physical sim.

I suggest never doing esim with Visible.  Keep that physical sim for these upgrades

It's not just your phone it's lot of people having similar issues. Did you download the eSIM over Wi-Fi?

Yeah. It's visible.  I downloaded the esim like they asked me to...  Before you download the esim, you have to delete your old phone esim.  Then after deleting your old esim, they tell you your phone is not compatible.  You are then screwed.  

colworth2023
Novice III

Anytime you switch anything with Visible, you lose service and nobody knows anything. They escalate the issue and never resolve it. I had to do esim to mint, then open new service with Visible. What a pain and waste of money. I don't trust them with my number once they screw something up

Mildly_Happy
Novice

I am guessing here but I think the issue is with the Ultra Wide band that Verizon touts. I bought a Motorola One Ace and had the same issue saying that the phone was not compatible. I installed the sim card and it works fine. I probably am missing out on the UW band, but from what Ive read it is very limited. I am about to buy a 6A to put on my visible plan. I am quite happy locked in at $25 a month with them. I don't need any upgrades thank you but no Visible 

priaeie
Novice

I got my unlocked pixel 6a from best buy, visible not working, not able to edit APN settings. Tried esim as well no luck.