Using Phone Overseas

moodywalker
Novice

I'm going on a cruise in Europe and then the Caribbean. How can I use my iPhone with the Visible plan? Has anyone figured out a way to do this? Rent a wi-fi device for this? New sim card? I'll need it especially with all the COVID stuff and testing and results, etc. But, we all need phone service in case of emergencies. Thank you very much. Jane

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! Visibleโ€™s service is only available in the continental U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii. Members can make calls to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you want to text or talk using only Wi-Fi, you can use FaceTime on your iPhone or download an app like Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Line. And if you need cell service internationally, you can temporarily swap out your Visible SIM for a local one.

mbiasini1
Novice

I have an eSIM for Visible and no physical SIM card in my iPhone. Does the phone still need to be unlocked for me to buy a SIM card once I arrive in Europe? 

mbiasini1
Novice

I have an eSIM for Visible and no physical SIM card in my iPhone. Do I still need the phone to be unlocked to buy and use a European SIM card upon arrival in Europe?