Verizon Lock

If i were to buy a verizon locked  iphone 12 pro from the used market, would it be compatible with visible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

TL;DR: Verizon compatible phone shall work.

Verizon locked phone shall not work.

Device is locked to a network because it prevents users to misuse the benefits that are provided to the users at sign up. If an user violates the terms and conditions to unlock the device. That device becomes bricked. Meaning useless. Void of warranty. 

Compatible devices are those whose wireless antenna are tuned to perform well on the network that you subscribe to. (This was a thing of the past. Where there were GSM and CDMA networks. Now all networks in US are GSM. Especially Verizon used to be a CDMA provider few years ago. They revamped their network. With 4G LTE, 5G. Everybody is GSM. Enough of tech talk!)

Understand the difference between compatible and locked to a network. And purchase the device.

P.S: Please mark the answer as solution if it helped you.

References:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

upstate-SC
Superuser
Superuser

TL;DR: Verizon compatible phone shall work.

Verizon locked phone shall not work.

Device is locked to a network because it prevents users to misuse the benefits that are provided to the users at sign up. If an user violates the terms and conditions to unlock the device. That device becomes bricked. Meaning useless. Void of warranty. 

Compatible devices are those whose wireless antenna are tuned to perform well on the network that you subscribe to. (This was a thing of the past. Where there were GSM and CDMA networks. Now all networks in US are GSM. Especially Verizon used to be a CDMA provider few years ago. They revamped their network. With 4G LTE, 5G. Everybody is GSM. Enough of tech talk!)

Understand the difference between compatible and locked to a network. And purchase the device.

P.S: Please mark the answer as solution if it helped you.

References:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

Just another visible user, willing to help others.
Please mark my answer as solution if it helped you.

The TL;DR says the phone "shall work" but then the sentence right under it says "shall NOT work".  Which is it?

Wishoots
Novice

I read this post with a huge headache trying to get Visible to work. I have a NON VZW pixel phone. I downloaded Verizon Message + and all of a sudden I can make calls and text. Crazy try this as a solution let me know if it works