Visible Customers cannot call Google Fi Customers

dugiehowsa
Novice III

As of May 1, 2021, Visible Customers cannot call Google Fi Customers.  This issue has been going on for a few weeks now, and multiple Visible Customers have attempted to resolve the problem through both Visible Support without any success.

Problem Summary:

Visible customer -> voice call -> Google Fi customer = Doesn't work

Google Fi customer-> voice call -> Visible customer = Works

Visible customer <- text messages -> Google Fi customer = Works.

When a Visible customer calls a Google Fi customer, the call will ring once on both the sending and receiving sides.  The call then ends, and the customer who initiates the call receives a "Server Unreachable" message on their phone.

This issue has been documented on both the Visible and Google Fi subreddits.

Visible.  While the problem may not be Visible's fault, it is adversely affecting Visible's customers, and Visible should be leading the effort to resolve it instead of pointing fingers and directing customers to contact other parties.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dugiehowsa
Novice III

Visible has formally announced that the issue has been fixed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

bpositive
Intermediate III

Visible has acknowledged the problem and just sent an email about this issue. 

They are working on it and calling to and from Google Fi will work very soon.  

dugiehowsa
Novice III

Yeah!!! Progress.  This letter got the folks over on reddit very excited!

SithTracy
Novice III

This has been frustrating.  I am in a unique position where I am a Visible customer (4 iPhones in the Family) and I have a Google Fi Pixel 4XL (and a lot of friends and family on Fi).  The issue is over a month old and we have contacted Visible support multiple times on the issue.  I also contacted Fi support.  One thing that is interesting, in my case, I was able to take the SIM out of a Visible iPhone and put it in a spare Pixel 3a and make a call to a Fi number everytime.  Put the SIM back in the iPhone (7/10R/SE 2020), call fails every time. I have heard, though, users that tried this trick from an iOS device to a Pixel 5 did not have the same luck.

We have been with Visible for over a year now, and for the most part have been happy until we needed service.  Network reset your phone, remove the app/re-install, remove the SIM/power cycle the ph and reinsert, factory reset the iPhone... REPEAT... Then told you have a bad iPhone, contact Apple... Oh, it must be Google Fi...  GGRRRRRRR

I am hoping to see this through before we port out to another service with reliability and decent customer service.  I realize the world is still in a pandemic and training may have suffered as a result (It has certainly with Visible and Google Fi, they are both guilty of that).  At the same time, I probably expected too much from a budget MVNO carrier.

SithTracy
Novice III

I have not received any sort of status update as of yet from VisibleERT, but I was able to make a couple of test calls with success from my Visible phone to a Google Fi number.  Hoping that we get some sort of explanation and the issue is permanently resolved.

I spoke too soon... I am not able to reach my family on Google Fi in the Southern US.

dugiehowsa
Novice III

I reached out to Visible ERT earlier today and received an update stating that Visible is "still investigating the issue" and Visible is "unable to give a resolution just yet".

I find it incredible (and not in a good way) that a service provider can have such a wide spread outage for a week (at least) and not have any way to resolve it.  I also wish Visible was posting formal updates (like the e-mail from last week) at regular intervals to keep everyone up-to-date.

We have already ported one of our four phones out of the service over to Mint Mobile.  This has been an issue for over a month for us and it was next to impossible to get support to move on this.  The Mint 7 day trial went well and the port over went pretty well for the one phone.

I, too, received an email from VisibleERT today indicating the issue is still under investigation and there is still no timetable for resolution.

SithTracy
Novice III

Issue appears to be resolved.  Got a phone call from VisibleERT and they indicated the issue was on the Google Fi end.

dugiehowsa
Novice III

Visible has formally announced that the issue has been fixed.